Division Office Manager
Department:: Division of STEM and Health Careers
Locations:: Des Plaines, IL
Posted:: May 26, 2021
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Type:: Full Time Staff
Position ID:: 131527
About Oakton Community College :
For 50 years, Oakton Community College has been the setting where thousands begin or continue their college or career studies. Educating people of all ages, from all walks of life and from more than 40 nations, Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life for everyone who enters its doors.
Paid winter break
FRIDAYS OFF during the summer
Basic Function and Responsibility:
Under general supervision, perform administrative and office support services for division dean, manage operational functions of the division office which include responding to inquiries, problems, and complaints from faculty, staff, students, and public and applying college policy and division procedures. Exercise discretion in obtaining, providing, and applying factual and confidential information requiring knowledge of assigned and related work areas. Also, organize and coordinate the office and administrative support staff.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct reports, memos, letters, sensitive information and statistical data from Division Dean.
- Delegate clerical responsibilities to clerical staff and student employees and assign staff to support designated academic departments. Use independent judgment on routine procedures as necessary.
- Maintain daily appointment calendar for Division Dean, screen office visitors and set up appointments with faculty, administrators and students. Serve as confidential assistant to the Dean. Assist the dean and divisional faculty with meeting arrangements.
- Prepare reports and documentation for faculty and staff attendance, vouchers, and purchase orders, maintenance work orders, and related operations within the division.
- Update content for academic and division web page(s). Serve as a liaison with the Web Developer/Web Programmer. Maintain, and organize information for web pages including preparation and editing of new information. Submit page(s) for upload.
- Use and maintain databases to track divisional faculty including contact information, office schedules, courses taught and availability.
- Responsible for direct administrative support of division/academic department special events including coordination of activities with other college departments such as food service, facilities utilization and special events committee.
- Assist Dean in organizing semester priorities such as teacher evaluations, directory input, confirmation letters, collect, compile and prepare faculty records.
- Select, train, and evaluate clerical staff.
- Compose and prepare routine correspondence.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Working Conditions:
- High school education or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired is necessary.
- Two years general administrative and office support experience is required.
- Ability to utilize a keyboard to enter, retrieve and manipulate data is required.
- Ability to update and maintain web pages using the college platform is required. Intermediate level ability with Microsoft Office Suite software is required.
- Two years supervisory experience is desirable.
Administrative supervision is received from a Division Dean.
Functional supervision may be exercised over department and senior department assistants, and student employees.
HOURS: Monday - Friday 7:00 am - 3:45 pm
SALARY: $45,418 Salary may change due to the completion of staff negotiations
For further details, visit our website at www.oakton.edu and select the Employment link to view Employment Opportunities.
Please be sure to have a current resume, cover letter, and list of, at least, three (3) professional references with contact information prepared to submit with your application. One (1) of the references must be your most recent, direct supervisor.
Oakton Community College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution, committed to employing competent, qualified individuals. Oakton Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and participation in its educational programs, college activities and services, or in its employment practices.