Director of Career Development + Internships
The Cleveland Institute of Art invites applications for the position of Director of Career Development + Internships. Reporting to the Dean of Students, the Career Development + Internships is directly responsible for providing career advising to students and alumni while also assisting in employer relations. The Director will coordinate all activities of the Center and market the Center both within and outside the College, including prospective students. The Director will also work collaboratively with other areas of the College towards supporting a comprehensive career development program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as the public face of CIA with prospective employers and corporate and organizational partners in developing a wide range of applied learning and employment opportunities.
- Supports students in identifying their interests, talents, passions, and vocational opportunities and works proactively to support the successful transition of CIA students and graduates from college to profession, with particular attention to capstone and internship experiences.
- Provides advice, assistance, and support to facilitate employer connections, graduate school admissions, and professional commencement, working in close coordination with faculty.
- Conducts research and outreach to employers relevant to CIA’s majors while managing special projects with employers
- Updates the Career Center website, tracking placement data and graduate survey
- Manages internship program by developing policies and procedures, supervising Internship Coordinator and Work-study students, develops internship sites, prepares contracts, conducts evaluations, and provides counseling to interns
- Coordinates job referral system and Career Conversation Program by updating and evaluating information.
- Requires knowledge of higher education career services.
- Requires oral/written communication skills and counseling skills.
- Requires job recruitment and customer service skills.
- Requires ability to stay current in all of the above areas
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in one of the following fields: counseling, business/human resources, higher education, or a related field;
- Required 3 or more years of direct experience in career development, student affairs, corporate/college relations, or a related environment.
- Requires general business management and human resource management skills.
- Requires PC skills (word processing and spreadsheets)
HOW TO APPLY
Position is open until filled with priority consideration given for applications received by June 18, 2021. To apply please visit https://jobapply.page.link/uHQm
Cleveland Institute of Art (CIA) is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, CIA complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students, and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, gender identity or national origin.
The Cleveland Institute of Art is one of the nation's leading accredited independent colleges of art and design. Since 1882, the College has been an educational cornerstone in Cleveland, Ohio, producing graduates competitive as studio artists, designers, photographers, contemporary craftsmen, and educators.
With approximately 600 students, CIA offers a personal educational experience with the benefits of a larger institution. Students choose from 15 majors and live and work in Cleveland’s University Circle, one of the country’s most unique cultural centers—recently named by Forbes Magazine as one of the 10 prettiest communities in the country.