Evening Circulation Assistant
Job Title: Evening Circulation Assistant
Location: Clayton State University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 228344
Located 15 miles southeast of downtown Atlanta, Clayton State University offers employees a diverse environment which fosters both professional and personal development. The university is committed to cultivating an environment of engaged, experienced-based learning, enriched by active community service. Clayton State offers multiple Bachelor and Master Degree programs which currently enrolls over 6,900 students in challenging campus and on-line courses.
The campus is situated just 20 minutes from downtown Atlanta on 214 beautiful acres, making access to the metropolitan area a breeze. We’ve been named a Top Workplace in Atlanta by the Atlanta-Journal Constitution for six consecutive years. And we also were named one of 79 higher education institutions across the nation in The Chronicle of Higher Education’s list of 2017 Great Colleges to Work For.
The Clayton State University Library, a member of the University System of Georgia, seeks an enthusiastic full-time circulation assistant to join our library team. The successful candidate will primarily work Sunday 2pm-6pm and Monday through Thursday from 12:30pm-10pm during the semester. Hours will not exceed 40 hours a week. However, the schedule could change based on the needs of the department.Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Head of Access, Research, and Instructional Services, the successful candidate will:
- Maintain library circulation desk during afternoon and evening times to serve primarily students, faculty, and staff with information and retrieval of circulation materials.
- Perform routine tasks including answering inquiries, checking materials and equipment in and out, confirming room reservations, processing and collecting fees, processing lost and found, stocking supplies, and interpreting and applying library policies.
- Assist users with Catalog searching, understanding the Library of Congress Classification system, identifying and locating books and other materials.
- Ensure equitable access to circulating materials by completing routine and timely stack maintenance activities including reshelving, shelf reading, blocking, straightening, shifting, searching for missing materials, and evaluating materials for damage and repair.
- Complete the University System of Georgia (USG) GIL Express resource-sharing service tasks. Maintain confidentiality of user records. Network with USG library staff.
- Assist with the supervision of student assistants.
- Maintain accurate records and record statistics. Place and remove library holds on library user records.
- Responsible for closing duties and securing the building at the end of the weekdays assigned. Responsible for opening and closing the building on Sundays.
- Assist with and monitor patron appointments and check-in and check-out of library equipment and spaces according to present COVID-19 safety policies and procedures. Perform light cleaning and sanitizing duties for prevention of COVID-19 transmission.
- Other duties may include but not limited to working nights and weekends, participating in collection development, as well as other tasks identified by the Department Head.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Technical Degree from an accredited university, technical college or international equivalent.Must be self-directed, well organized, and able to meet multiple demands.Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills.
- Previous library work experience.Familiarity with Springshare modules including LibGuides, LibChat, and LibCal.Familiarity with Alma/Primo Integrated Library System and Library of Congress Classification system.
- Cover Letter addressing your experience and qualifications
- Unofficial Transcripts (official transcripts are needed if hired)
- Names, phone numbers, and emails of three references
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Clayton State University, as determined by Clayton State University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Clayton State University is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. It is the policy of the University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Sections 503, and 504, AREA, ADA, E.O. 11246, and Rev. Proc. 75-50). Clayton State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution. For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy please contact the Clayton State University Office of Human Resources at (678) 466-4230. Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Disability Resource Center at: (678) 466-5445.Special Applicant Instructions
Interested individuals are encouraged to apply online; however, only those applicants under consideration will receive further instructions regarding the interview process. Qualified candidates should submit the required documents. The application review process will begin immediately and continues until the position is filled.
The successful applicant must hold Bachelors or Technical degree before the start date. The successful candidate is required to complete and pass a background check. Clayton State is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.