Temporary HR Coordinator
University of Colorado – Business School
Temporary HR Coordinator
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.Job SummaryThe temporary Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for providing human resources and payroll support for personnel within the Business School. This position is involved in onboarding, hiring, performing payroll transactions, entering biweekly and monthly timesheets. This includes administrative assistance for Business School searches utilizing CU Careers. This position utilizes PeopleSoft (HCM) for hiring new employees and entering data and payroll information. This position works to ensure that all necessary paperwork for student and lecturer onboarding is complete, letters of offer, and employment packets for hired employees, including I-9 documentation are completed and submitted in a timely manner meeting all deadlines and ensuring compliance for all matters and completion of tasks. Professional FieldHuman Resources, Business Administration, or closely related fieldSupervision ReceivedThis position reports directly to the Director of HR and PayrollSupervision ExercisedNoneWork LocationThe Temporary HR Coordinator role is eligible for a hybrid work schedule. The HR offices are located in the CU Denver Business School building in downtown Denver. Examples of Work Performed
- Oversee the bi-weekly payroll process for all student and temporary employees of the Business School. Run necessary reports to ensure that all timesheets are submitted correctly and approved by supervisors.
- Verify leave balance for all exempt employees monthly; coordinate with Employee Services to make adjustments in MyLeave; track adjustments to ensure accuracy.
- Track student hourly actual work hours and compare against Dean’s office approvals.
- Onboard new student employees and lecturers following Business School and central HR policies. This includes monitoring background check approvals, completing I-9s, gathering required onboarding paperwork and requesting correct system access for each position.
- Create and circulate additional pay paperwork for faculty and staff as needed.
- Create and circulate lecturer reappointment and hire letters.
- Enter lecturer payment into HCM (HR System) and confirm monthly payroll. Run regular reports to prevent over payments.
- Maintain lecturer pool postings for each Business School discipline
- Create, submit and track CU-SIS access requests for faculty, students and staff
- Assist the Director of HR with search processes including screening resumes, updating candidate status in CU Careers and scheduling interviews.
- Maintain records and position data in the HR system
- Update and maintain electronic versions of Business School Org Charts
- Monitor the Business School HR inbox and answer emails or route to appropriate party Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, public administration, business, higher education administration, social sciences and behavioral sciences or a directly related field from an accredited institution
- Substitution: year for year relevant experience may substitute for a bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of human resources and payroll administrationAbility to handle highly sensitive information and maintain strict confidentialityExceptional interpersonal skills (ability to establish positive working relationships, manage HR and payroll concerns in an efficient and professional manner, and provide exceptional customer service to staff, faculty and visitors)Excellent communication skills (oral, written and interpersonal)Strong organizational skills and attention to detailProven ability to coordinate multiple activities, establish priorities, attend to detail, handle interruptions, manage time, and follow-upResourcefulness and ability to problem-solve and take initiative
- Ability to anticipate needs and priorities Computer proficiency in MS Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, and Vizio) and a willingness to learn new systems as neededAbility to take direction and also use sound judgementAbility to evaluate policies and exercise good judgment in the interpretation and application of policies, procedures and rules
Job Category: Professional Support Services
Primary Location: Denver
Posting Date: Jun 3, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing