Business Services Coordinator
University of Colorado | CU Denver
School of Education & Human Development
Business Services Coordinator (Business Services Entry Professional)
Position #784084 – Requisition #21581
This position exists as part of the School of Education & Human Development’s (SEHD’s) finance and HR team, primarily in the grants, contracts, service center and auxiliary areas. The position provides professional operational support, as well as finance and accounting services, in compliance with University policies and internal procedures. Serves as a resource to Principal Investigators, faculty and staff involved in research, service center and auxiliary activities; advises, trains, and assists in business and financial matters. Duties include project management, procurement, reconciling, monitoring accounts, and processing accounting transactions. Provides project and event coordination as needed. This position is also responsible for all reporting and functions related to ensuring compliance on all levels: GAAP, State Law, University policies and establishing internal procedures.Examples of Work Performed:
- Performs monthly reconciliation and maintenance of all applicable financial statements and records for grants and auxiliary funded projects in accordance with relevant system and school level fiscal policies.
- Coordination and oversight of purchasing within the school’s grants and auxiliary areas including but not limited to procurement card (P-card) allocations, purchase orders, voucher, contracts and scope of work.
- Develop reports to help monitor billing and grant account codes and spending.
- Performs billing and revenue reconciliation for fee-for-service and contract activities.
- Provides training and communication to relevant faculty and staff on fiscal policies and systems, researching discrepancies, problem solving, and answering questions.
- Process travel and other reimbursements and functions as a P-card liaison for the School of Education & Human Development.
- Assists in developing and implementing improved methods, processes and policies in support of grants and auxiliary services in the SEHD.
- Assists with tracking personnel effort distribution and funding allocation updates and effort reporting for grant/contract/auxiliary funded personnel. Provide technical assistance with effort reporting.
- Provide project coordination and event coordination duties for projects and auxiliary activities on an as-needed basis.
- Serves as a backup for pre-award, post-award, contracting and various accounting duties within the SEHD Finance and HR team.
The hiring range for this position has been established at $48,000 to $52,000. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above hiring range represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.This position is eligible for overtime compensation.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125
A bachelor’s degree in business administration, business, finance, accounting, or a directly related field from an accredited institution. Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree on a year for year basis.*Required: Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.Preferred Qualifications:
- A bachelor's or master’s degree in accounting is preferred.
- Experience with relevant university financial systems (i.e. PeopleSoft, Cognos, Marketplace).
- Experience with state and university accounting.
- Data management experience including tracking, compiling and generating reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally, as this position will have extensive contact with school leadership, faculty and staff and therefore must have the ability to present accounting principles and procedures in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Outstanding organization, follow-up, and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- This position requires the skills and knowledge of an accountant. Substantial financial accounting expertise is needed to competently perform the duties. It is necessary for this position to have:
- an in-depth understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP);
- excellent analytical skills in order to properly perform various reconciliations and analyses
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected] The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Denver
Posting Date: Jun 3, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing