Temporary Operations Coordinator
University of Colorado – College of Architecture and Planning
Temporary Operations Coordinator
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The University of Colorado Denver's College of Architecture and Planning has an opening for a 5-month Temporary Operations Coordinator to join our Student Services Team. Nature of Work:
The Temporary Operations Coordinator is a full-time (40 hours per week) temporary position that oversees front office management for the College of Architecture and Planning (CAP) and serves as the first point of contact providing a range of services and information to faculty, staff, students, and visitors. This position will run from July 1, 2021 to December 23, 2021. The expectation of this position is in-person Monday through Friday with no option of remote work. Supervision Received:
This position reports to the Assistant Dean of Student Services and Extended Studies.Supervision Exercised:
This position does not supervise others.
Examples of Work Performed:Office Management
- Represent the College as the first contact when visitors, students, faculty, and staff enter the office; provide information and answer questions about the College and direct inquiries to the proper office; announce arrivals, and help solve problems of students, staff, parents, faculty, and walk-ins.Manage and maintain classroom scheduling for all Architecture and Planning rooms for faculty, staff, students, and outside departments or organizations. Adhere to the desired hierarchy of priority. Negotiate and arrange comparable facilities when possible. Prepare and update schedule sheets. As needed and appropriate, post electronically. Resolve conflicts over room schedules, determining priority and importance of classroom or lecture room assignments utilizing the CU Denver online EMS system.Manage office supply inventory; maintain inventory and place orders for coffee station supplies and equipment. Anticipate supply needs. Place special orders as needed and appropriate for events and other College activities.Serve as one of the points of contact regarding facilities issues or problems that occur in the College building; communicate to the appropriate offices and follow up to ensure issues are resolved. Will coordinate with Building Proctor.Maintain updated lists of faculty and staff contact information.Assist with College events such as graduation receptions, guest lectures, and other events.Copy or otherwise prepare documents as requested by faculty or staff; perform regular and emergency maintenance of the copier (changing the toner, clearing jams, cleaning the glass), and arrange for repairs as needed. Be sure office equipment is stocked with paper daily.
- Schedule appointments for the Student Services Department. Assist with contacting and confirming participants for meetings as needed and where appropriate.
- Responsible for a high level of program knowledge and familiarity with curriculum requirements, admissions standards, and academic policy and procedure for three distinct departments and seven unique programs.
- Advise current students on procedural requirements for special processes with regard to registration, including assisting students with the proper completion of paperwork, appropriate deadlines, and maintaining up-to-date information for faculty and students, and ensure accessibility.
- Provide support to CAP Student Recruiters
- Work with CAP Admissions office to coordinate graduate admissions application processing which includes oversight of student employees responsible for processing materials such as transcripts, student portfolios, and other sensitive application data.
- Manage student services student hourly employees with the consultation of student services staff members.
- Serve as the CAP point of contact for events management and oversight. Including coordination of logistics for college-wide events, including room/space reservations, set-up, food ordering, procurement processing, managing reservation of appropriate audio/visual equipment, distribution and collection of invitations and RSVPs through the appropriate online event management system, supervising student employees working events, and monitoring space breakdown.
- Meet with the event host to determine special needs for events such as space constraints, budgeting requirements, menu restrictions, necessary equipment needs, and timeline. Provide information about catering options, and make decisions as appropriate on all event logistics. Understand event processes in order to work with appropriate CAP administration and Campus units for additional approvals as necessary.
- Responsible for coordinating with the event host and outside vendors with logistics and college-wide event preparation. Use judgment and make decisions about planning, coordination, and event organization taking into account event details, resources, and space restrictions.
- Work with CAP finance department to place catering and event orders.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. OR
- Three years experience in office coordination, events management, or in a student advising/student services position.
- Familiarity with CU-SIS or other student information systems.
- Experience in using online event registration systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.Outstanding customer service skills.Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Flexible; collaborative, yet able to work effectively with a high degree of independence. Ability to take initiative, as well as respond to direction.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Ability to prioritize work, attend to detail, and meet deadlines. Successful experience working with multiple demands.
Job Category: Professional Support Services
Primary Location: Denver
Posting Date: Jun 2, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing