Cleans and services public, academic andadministrative areas as directed by management. Executes tasks and assignments in a thorough, professional manner toassure a clean, attractive, safe environment with minimal interference toothers. Perform custodial duties in accordance with establishedstandards and instruction. Takesimmediate action to correct any situation, which detracts from the positiveimage of UT, or the attractive appearance of the facilities.
Observe and respect all department andorganizational policies and procedures. Seek assistance in understanding any procedure or policy, which you havequestions or concerns about. Workclosely with customers to assure resolution of environmental services problemsand attainment of environmental service goals. Treats each visitor, faculty member, student, and fellow employee withcourtesy, compassion and respect.
Employeeis expected to adhere to The University of Toledo’s goals of excellence ineducation and research supported by a set of standards of conduct and ICarestandards at all times.Qualifications:
Qualifications/Knowledge,Skills & Abilities:
- High school Diploma, required
- Ability to understand written and verbal instructions
- Ability to understand and follow safety procedures
- Ability to safely use cleaning equipment and supplies
- Ability to lift and manipulate heavy objects
- Ability to read, understand, follow and enforce safety procedures
- Must have the ability to, as well as meet, the requirements to complete and maintain mandatory training per the University mandatory training policy pursuant to the deadlines set forth therein
WorkingConditions and Physical Effort:
- Physicalwork is a primary part (more than 70%) of job.
Must be able to constantly stand, reach, bend, twist, squat and kneel.
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs regularly.
- Heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling of objects up to 50 pounds
- Remove snow and ice from walkways.
- Ability to add/subtract read and comprehend English.
- Follow University safety practices.
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the people so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.The University of Toledo is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. The University of Toledo does not discriminate in employment, educational programs, or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, disability, familial status, or political affiliation. The University of Toledo provides reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation to complete this application, or for testing or interviewing, please contact the Human Resources Department at 419-530-4747 between the hours of 8:30AM and 5:00PM or apply online for an accommodation request.Computer access is available at most public libraries and at the Office of Human Resources located in the Center for Administrative Support on the Main Campus of the University of Toledo, or at the satellite HR Office located at the Facilities Services Building, Suite 1000 on the Health Science Campus.