Maint Repair Journeyman
Maint Repair Journeyman
TheFacilities Maintenance Repair Journeyman is responsible for inspecting,maintaining, and repairing internal and external university building structures,fixtures, and equipment. Performs minorrenovations to suites within university buildings including demolition andreplacing materials such as flooring, ceiling tiles, countertops, etc. Position will construct and repair walls,partitions, doors, doorframes, furniture, and stairs. Position will also perform minor electricaland plumbing repairs. Position isresponsible for full range of rough and finished carpentry work. Ensures buildings are safe and in goodrepair.
TheFacilities Maintenance Repair Journeyman will be expected to work fromblueprints, specifications, and drawings to design, build, retrofit, maintain,and repair various types of facilities and structures. Position will inspect work and performestimates of cost for repairs and minor suite renovations. The incumbent is responsible for meeting workschedules and service requests, by providing effective and efficientmaintenance workmanship and leadership.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess a High School diploma or equivalent GED
- Minimum 2 years’ experience performing both rough and finish residential or commercial carpentry work.
- Must be physically capable of performing the duties of the position. Ability to lift, carry, and maneuver objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must satisfactorily pass the differential aptitude test
- Must satisfactorily pass a practical skills test
- Ability to work cooperatively with others, solve technical problems, read technical documents, and work with dexterity is required.
- Understanding of building layout, terminology, and university policy and procedures to be obtained post hire.
- Must have knowledge and skill in leadership, blueprint reading, regulations, codes, mathematics, and hand and power tool operation.
- Ability to work independently on most jobs, perform measurements, and have layout skills.
- Must possess verbal and written communication skills necessary to provide excellent customer service to staff, faculty, students, patients, family members, and management.
- Must have completed a locally recognized or Department of Labor approved equal MRW Journeyman program and obtained a completion certificate.
- Must have valid driver’s license and insurable under University driving policy.
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the people so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.The University of Toledo is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. The University of Toledo does not discriminate in employment, educational programs, or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, disability, familial status, or political affiliation. The University of Toledo provides reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation to complete this application, or for testing or interviewing, please contact the Human Resources Department at 419-530-4747 between the hours of 8:30AM and 5:00PM or apply online for an accommodation request.Computer access is available at most public libraries and at the Office of Human Resources located in the Center for Administrative Support on the Main Campus of the University of Toledo, or at the satellite HR Office located at the Facilities Services Building, Suite 1000 on the Health Science Campus.