Simulation SpecialistPosting Number:
YesNature of Work:
The Simulation Specialist assumes responsibility for the organization, planning, teaching in the Clinical Simulation Center. This individual will coordinate clinical simulation activities in collaboration with teaching faculty for pre-license ASN and BSN students, as well as the Radiologic Science students. Requirements include teaching, advising, scholarship, and service within the nursing programs. This is a 1-year temporary 10-month non-tenure track position (possibly renewable position pending budget).Essential Duties:
• Exhibit expertise in simulation, clinical practice, and education
• Possess knowledge of simulation pedagogy and sound clinical practice
• Write simulations and scenarios for lab
• Work with faculty to meet their lab and simulation objectives for their courses
• Have a commitment to student-centered learning/teaching methods and assessment
• Work with lab coordinator to ensure lab runs smoothly, supplies are ordered, calendar is maintained, etc.
• Must have a Master’s degree in Nursing and be eligible for a Georgia Nursing License.
• Applicants should exhibit expertise in simulation, clinical practice, and education.
• Experience as a simulation specialist
• Possess simulation certifications
• Have experience with simulation center accreditation
• A doctoral degree in nursing or a closely related field is preferred.
• Teaching experience; recent clinical and simulation experience in the areas of medical-surgical, critical care, obstetrics, and pediatrics.
• Experience with telemedicine equipment
• The ability and commitment to using technology are also preferred.
The College of Coastal Georgia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College supports equal employment opportunities for all persons without regard to race, color, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, gender, national origin, status as a war veteran, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Based on the University system of Georgia’s policy, official sealed transcripts must be provided upon offer and acceptance of all Faculty positions.
College of Coastal Georgia is an undergraduate college in the University System of Georgia. Located on Georgia’s coast, the College campus is in Brunswick with additional outreach through the Camden Center in Kingsland. The vision of the College is to be a college of choice for students within Georgia and beyond, providing an outstanding education for tomorrow’s leaders and citizens through service-learning, global awareness and engaged entrepreneurship. With a strong emphasis on student retention, progression and timely graduation, the College offers baccalaureate degrees in American Studies, Biological Sciences, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Education, French, Health Informatics, Interdisciplinary Studies, Mathematics, Nursing (BSN), Psychology, Public Management, Spanish, and Workforce Management and Leadership, as well as career associate degrees in Culinary Arts, Hospitality Management, Nursing (ASN) and Radiologic Science. A veterans-friendly campus, the College is a designated Yellow Ribbon School. Approximately 3,000 students are served by more than 200 staff members and a teaching faculty of whom 52% hold doctoral degrees. CCGA is an active participant in the Complete College Georgia initiative designed to support community partnerships and develop the critical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills necessary to address the challenges of 21st century economic development and community wellbeing. For more information, visit the College website: http://www.ccga.eduOpen Date:
06/02/2021Open Until Filled: