Student Account Specialist/ Cashier
Position DetailsReq ID:req9468Position Title:Student Account Specialist/ CashierPosition Type:Staff Full-TimeOSU Campus:Business OfficeDepartment:Business OfficeLocation Address:
900 N. Portland Ave
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, 73107
United States Hiring Supervisor and Contact Info:Tara ShelbyHiring Range:
(Contingent upon available funding):13.12 - 13.12, Hourly Work Schedule:VariousJob Summary:Job Function:
Serves as primary cashier for Business Services. Maintains the Payment Option Plan (POP)program for current as well as special delinquent plans.
Essential Job Functions:Receives tuition payments, applies bookstore vouchers and researches student account history as needed.Monitors the Payment Option Plan (POP)Receives and verifies departmental deposits. checks according to regulations.Daily closing/balancing of the terminal drawer.Assists students and clients at the counter as needed to provide organization to Business Services.Maintains knowledge of and follows OSU and OSU-OKC policy regarding collection of student fees, student refunds, disbursements of financial aid and all other Business Services functions.Banner data entry as requiredResponsible for scanning the Daily Balancing forms.General accounting duties as assigned by the Director.Assists students, faculty and staff as needed.Completes all mandatory training and participates in a minimum of two professional development each year.Performs other duties as assigned.
The duties listed in this job description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.Special Instructions to ApplicantsResume and cover letter are required for full consideration.Education & ExperiencePosition Qualifications:
High school diploma or equivalency required.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a financial atmosphere
1-2 years’ cashiering experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to manage multiple priorities under pressure.Must be adaptable to performing under moderate levels of stress, imposed by frequent deadlines, peak workloads and public/student contact.Ability to communicate diplomatically, clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing to exchange information, give/receive instructions and respond to inquiries appropriately.Strong interpersonal skills and sensitivity to a multicultural environment in an effort to work and communicate effectively with all students, faculty, staff and community partners. Demonstrated knowledge of office technologies including but not limited to: office computers, fax machines, scanners, internet, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).Accurate typing/data entry skills and demonstrated ability to work with attention to detail.Ability to work independently and also collaborate within a team environment.Exhibit problem solving skills beyond a set of instructions and adapt to changes when necessary.Ability to make appropriate recommendations based on logical and justifiable reasoning. Ability to use analytical and critical thinking skills to interpret written policies and procedures Ability to perform basic math functions.Experience and confidence speaking in front of students/customers.Passion for assisting students with educational endeavors and representing the OSU brand with positivity and professionalism Evidences a history of demonstrating ethical and professional behavior
- Experience in a high traffic position that involved cashiering and financial transactions with a high level of customer service expectationsExperience with detailed, multiple work assignments.Completion of some college or business-related courses.
- Will be required to work extended hours during designated heavy enrollment time.Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include some evenings and weekends in an busy and noisy environment.
- Must be able to handle a high volume position with frequent movement from desk to counter. Must be able to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.Duties require extended periods of sitting, talking, listening and computer usage
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.