Director- Hoeft Technology & Management, Gies College of Business (146168)
Director, Hoeft Technology & Management, Gies College of Business
The Director has overall responsibility for managing the operations of The Hoeft Technology & Management Program, which is housed jointly in the Gies College of Business and the Grainger College of Engineering. The central activity of the program is an undergraduate minor in Technology & Management. The Director will work closely with the Academic Co-Directors who oversee and manage the program curriculum, support the recruitment of students, and sit on the Corporate Affiliate Program advisory board. The Director will have significant responsibilities for the ongoing development and delivery of meaningful, high-quality co-curricular activities. International business immersion experiences are an integral component of the program, and the Director will lead the development, delivery and overall management of these experiences.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Ensure a highly engaged, highly valuable student experience
Recruit, evaluate and retain talented, high-caliber students. Advise Student Board and student workers and develop students into leaders. Plan, oversee and lead co-curricular activities and events. Build positive, lasting relationships with students and alumni. Organize and coordinate the T&M seminar course. Plan and lead the international immersion experience.
Manage Corporate Affiliate Relationships
Establish and manage strong relationships with each Corporate Sponsor. Working with the Academic Directors, find ways to involve Corporate Sponsors in curricular and co-curricular activities and provide mutual value to the companies and the students. As needed, work with Gies and Grainger corporate engagement teams to identify pipeline of potential future sponsors.
Provide leadership, coordination, and administration of the program
Provide strategic direction of the program and maintain the reputation and quality of the program. With the academic directors, act as the face of the T&M program, internally and externally. Enable and drive regular and effective coordination between program staff, faculty, College leadership and corporate affiliates. Lead Corporate Sponsor board meetings. Manage the annual program budget. Work with Marketing & Communications to market the program. Oversee administrative staff.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, or related field
Preferred: Master's degree in business, engineering or related field.
- At least five years of experience either in student programs or in professional practice in technology or management
- A commitment to serving students and to advancing the intellectual, professional, and leadership development of undergraduate students
- Hands-on management experience including demonstrated project management and program management experience.
- Ability to execute projects with detail and with attention to quality
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communications skills (written and oral)
- Demonstrated ability to lead others through authority and through influence.
- Ability to lead disparate stakeholders regardless of title or position.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate
- Proactive, self-motivated and enthusiastic about working with students
- Seven to ten years of professional experience, preferably in a business or engineering setting
- Demonstrated leadership and mentoring experience
- Ability to credibly build and manage corporate executive relationships
- Experience with the interface between technology and business in corporate settings
- Track record of successful program development and/or business development
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
This is a full-time (100%), benefits-eligible academic professional position appointed on a 12-month basis. The position is available as soon as possible after the closing date.
For full consideration, all applicants must create a candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references by June 10, 2021. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. All requested information must be submitted for your application to be considered. For further information regarding application procedures, email [email protected].
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit Policy on Consideration of Sexual Misconduct in Prior Employment. As a qualifying federal contractor, the University of Illinois System uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
College Name or Administrative Unit:Gies College of Business Category:5-Education and Student Services Title:Director- Hoeft Technology & Management, Gies College of Business (146168) Open Date:06/02/2021 Close Date:06/16/2021 Organization Name:Gies College of Business