PATIENT ACCOUNT ANALYST - CASH MANAGEMENT
PRMO:, established in 2001, Patient Revenue Management Organization (PRMO) is a fully integrated, centralized revenue cycle organization supporting all of Duke Health, including Duke University Hospital, Duke Regional Hospital, Duke Raleigh Hospital, the Private Diagnostic Clinic, and Duke PrimaryCare. The PRMO focuses on streamlining the revenue cycle through enhanced management of scheduling, registration, coding, HIM operations, billing, collections, cash management, and customer service. The Mission of the PRMO is delivering quality service by enhancing the patient experience, providing financial security, and preserving Duke’s reputation and mission of advancing health together. Our Vision is to be recognized as a world class innovative revenue cycle organization that values our people, patients and performance.
Duke University Health System - Patient Revenue Management Office (PRMO) seeks to hire a Patient Account Analyst Receivable who will embrace our mission of Advancing Health Together.
General Description of the Job Class:
Coordinate the preparation of operational, statistical and financial reports. Review and analyze cash reconciliations and operational trends and advise PRMO, DUHS and PDC leadership regarding changes in those trends.
Duties and Responsibilities of this Level:
- Prepare and coordinate distribution of cash reconciliations, deposit reports, key performance indicators and other reports and analyses for senior DUHS, PRMO and PDC management.
- Maintain liaison with DUHS, PRMO and PDC managers and staff in the preparation of cash reconciliations, deposit reports and analyses to provide information and to resolve problems concerning variances from projected and actual cash receipt data.
- Monitor budget expenditures and prepare written reports for PRMO management identifying progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- Continually monitor financial systems performance and prepare written reports and analyses for PRMO management documenting adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- Supervise and coordinate staff in the preparation of cash reconciliations; train and mentor staff to broaden their skills regarding cash reconciliations, policies and procedures.
- Provide information to various external organizations concerning fiscal operations.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein
- Ability to handle multiple projects
- Research and resolve cash management issues both internal and external
- Provide advanced level reporting, trending/aging and analysis of cash receipts and payment obligations in compliance with DUHS and PDC;
- Maintain corporate policies and procedures for unidentified cash receipts, to manage resolution with staff and to support adjustments to revenue/financial statements.
Payment System Knowledge
- Research and Knowledge of System Capabilities related specifically to payment application related to EPIC, Onbase, and Bank Reporting Systems
Required Qualifications at this Level:
Bachelor's Degree in business, healthcare administration, accounting, finance or a related field is required. CPA is desirable.
Minimum of four years of applicable experience.
Previous experience successfully managing complex projects involving multiple stakeholders with a consistent track record of delivering on time, or high quality results preferred.
A Master's degree in a related field can substitute two years of experience on a 1:1 basis.
Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certifications
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- PC – Intermediate
- Excel – Advanced
- Word – Intermediate
- Access – Intermediate
- SAP General Ledger Systems a plus
- EPIC Systems a plus
- Treasury Bank Sites and/or Treasury Workstation a plus
- Ability to work remotely with collaborative team approach
- Ability to develop consensus in a group with diverging views
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with all levels of management, staff, and the industry
- High-energy candidate with a strong sense of urgency about solving problems, meeting challenging deadlines, and achieving critical goals
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated team skills
- Excellent analytical/accounting/statistical reporting skills
- Supervisory skills
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.