Position SummaryThe Recruiting Coordinator assists the Director II, Employee Relations and Recruitment with staffing needs. The incumbent of this position coordinates e-recruiting, ad placement, background investigations, applicant tracking system maintenance, search committee tracking, candidate qualifications and credentialing verification. This position will rely on environmental scanning, labor-market research, and the use of metrics to determine and measure trends, evaluate progress, forecast future staffing needs, and implement successful recruiting strategies to meet the college’s goals. Work is performed under moderate supervision with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgement.
The work schedule for this position is 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Flexibility is required.
College of Southern Maryland conducts background checks in order to ensure the safety and well-being of the College's staff and students. The final candidate for this position will be subject to the following background checks: Criminal History Check and Sex Offender Registry Check.
This position is open until filled. For best consideration, apply by 11:59 pm, EST on Friday,
June 18, 2021. The College of Southern Maryland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The College of Southern Maryland (CSM) is an Aspen Prize Top 150 Community College and offers excellent benefits, including health insurance; State Retirement Pension System; wellness programs; free/discounted entry into CSM fitness centers; and generous leave accruals. CSM also offers Code Green Fridays, with early Friday closures during the summer months; and is closed most major holidays, including the week between Christmas and New Year; and for several days in March for Spring Break.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Functions as the coordinator of the employee recruiting program. Applies best business practices to ensure timely application of efficiencies to CSM’s hiring procedures.
- Coordinate efforts with Director for Employee Relations and Recruitment and hiring managers, including academic department deans and chairs.
- Conducts the initial minimal qualification screening of job applicants and forwards the best qualified applications to hiring search committees.
- Responsible for compiling the annual affirmative action applicant data report for the college.
- Responsible for monitoring CSM’s staffing patterns for underutilization and adverse impact.
- Provides continuous training in both electronic and administrative processes in accordance with the college’s hiring policy.
- Ensures regulatory compliance with federal and state laws related the hiring process, including but not limited to, issues related to the prohibition of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments Act, Immigration Reform and Control Act, Age Discrimination in Employment Act, Fair Labor Standards Act and any other state or federal regulation that prohibits discrimination.
- Serves on selected search committees to evaluate the recruiting process.
- Develops sustainable recruiting strategy based on CSM’s goals and objectives to ensure the college is progressing towards fulfilling the mission and its targeted goals for diversity representation in each job category.
- Reviews revised position descriptions for re-evaluations by using respective online application.
- Data entry of new hires, transfer or promotion employees into the Colleague (HRIS) System.
- Responsible for the maintaining and monitoring of the application tracking system Applicant Tracking System (ATS).
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field
- Four (4) years of recruiting experience preferably in a higher education environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office and Applicant Tracking software and databases preferred
- Experience with HRIS, preferably Colleague
- PHR or SHRM-CP preferred
- Detail oriented and ability to work independently
- Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) preferably NEOED (formerly NEOGOV) Insight
- Ability to provide excellent and responsive customer service
The work is sedentary work which requires exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly.