Adjunct Faculty: Emergency Medical Studies Department - Bunker Hill Community College
Location: Boston, MA Category: Adjunct Faculty Posted On: Thu Jun 3 2021 Job Description:
Primarily responsible for the curriculum development and teaching of courses in Emergency Medical Studies.
- Deliver, assess and revise curriculum for the Certificate and an Associate Degree in Paramedic Studies, both in person and/or online;
- Teach courses in the A.S. program in Paramedic Studies and the Paramedic Studies Certificate Program, both on campus and online;
- Participate in the gathering data and documentation for report; submission of required reports to OEMS, NREMT, and/or CoAEMPS;
- Evaluate student performance in the classroom and laboratory setting using outcomes-based assessments;
- Utilize a variety of appropriate teaching strategies to promote students' critical thinking skills;
- Teach in learning communities and engage students in community service;
- Develop instructional material consistent with student learning outcomes;
- Participate in determining appropriate goals and objectives of paramedic courses and assist in developing course standards;
- Use new technologies in the classroom to supplement instruction;
- Maintain expertise in area of teaching responsibility;
- Practice safety in the EMT/Paramedic labs at all times;
- Comply with all duties as stipulated in the Massachusetts Community College Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- EMT-Paramedic with 3-5 years of experience.
- Minimum of associate degree in Emergency Medical Services and/or related field.
- Teaching experience to deliver content, skills instruction and remediation.
- Online teaching experience strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff and student population.
- Knowledge of instructional methods.
- National Association of Emergency Medical Technician: Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support Instructor.
- National Association of Emergency Medical Technician: Advanced Medical Life Support.
- Massachusetts Certified EMT Instructor Coordinator.
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support/Health Care Provider Instructor.
- American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support Instructor.
- American Heart Association Pediatric Advanced Life Support.
- Bachelor's Degree.
Salary: $1,132.00 per credit hour
Review Date: Open until filled. Fall semester 2021.