Asst. Strength & Conditioning Coach
PG190985EPInternal Recruitment :
Asst. Strength & Conditioning CoachAnticipated Hiring Range:
Commensurate with education and experienceWork Schedule:
Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm; with nights, weekends, and holidays as neededJob Location:
Raleigh, NCDepartment :
Athletics - Strength & ConditioningAbout the Department:
The mission of the NC State Department of Athletics is to prepare student-athletes to compete at the highest level and to inspire them to be leaders now and for the future by providing the best environment to achieve their athletic, academic and personal aspirations as well as providing support for the professional development of our coaches and staff, all within the role of the greater institutional relationships to the University. North Carolina State University competes as an NCAA Division I team in the Atlantic Coast Conference.Essential Job Duties:
Responsibilities for the Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach position include but are not limited to:
- Design and implement a comprehensive strength and conditioning program as related to injury prevention and performance enhancement (strength development, speed development, power development, movement capacity development, etc.) for assigned sport programs
- Chart and analyze student athlete progress from performance assessments, performance programs in order to evaluate effectiveness of training program
- Maintain a safe (provide proper teachings of training techniques) and positive training environment for NC state student athletes
- Enforce weight room rules and etiquette
- Provide facility upkeep and maintenance
- Provide effective communication (written & oral) to student athlete, coaches, sports administration, staff, etc.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with strength staff and other athletic department personnel
- Collaborate with sports medicine and athletic trainers regarding the rehabilitation process and return to play protocol of injured student athletes
- Mentor volunteer strength coaches, interns, etc.
- Provide leadership in administrative areas, as assigned by Director of Strength and Conditioning
- Maintain a high level of professional communication between sport coaching staff, athletic trainers, sports medicine staff, physicians, sport nutrition staff, and sport psychologist
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as identified by NC State, NCAA and NC State’s Strength and Conditioning department
- Participate in the professional development of oneself as well as staff development
- Continually update personal knowledge of strength, speed, power training and injury prevention
- Always wear State Strength issued clothing while working
- Enforce intercollegiate weight room rules and etiquette
- Be in full compliance of NCAA rules and regulation
- Be in full compliance of NC State policies and procedures
- Other tasks as assigned by Director of Strength and Conditioning of Olympic Sports (may include supervisory and administrative duties)
Requires possession of post baccalaureate credentials or equivalent independent experience in comparable instructional or educational activities.Other Required Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree required.
CSCS certification through the National Strength and Conditioning
Association (NSCA) and/or SCCC through the Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association (CSCCa) certification required.
Strong organizational and communication skills.
Working knowledge of basic spreadsheet and processing programs.
Must be able to lift 90 pounds or more on a frequent basis with or without reasonable accommodations.Preferred Qualifications:
Master’s Degree preferred in Physical Education, Exercise Science or Related Field.
Two years experience working full time in a Collegiate Strength & Conditioning program.Required License(s) or Certification(s):
CSCS certification through the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) and/or SCCC through the Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association (CSCCa)certification required.
CPR/AED certificationValid NC Driver's License required:
NoCommercial Driver's License required:
NoJob Open Date:
06/02/2021Anticipated Close Date:
Open Until FilledSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Please include a copy of your resume and contact information for at least 3 professional references.Position Number:
EHRA Non-FacultyFull Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
12 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse Weather:
Non Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency Events:
Non Mandatory - Emergency EventIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?:
100129 - Athletics - Weight RoomAA/EOE:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.