Junior PHP Developer
PG190752EPInternal Recruitment :
Junior PHP DeveloperAnticipated Hiring Range:
$63,000 - $70,000Work Schedule:
Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pmJob Location:
Raleigh, NCDepartment :
Distance Education and Learning Technology Applications -DELTAAbout the Department:
Distance Education and Learning Technology Applications (DELTA’s) role within the Office of the Provost is to foster the integration and support of learning technologies in NC State’s academic programs, both on the campus and at a distance. We coordinate the funding and production of all distance-based credit programs and courses for the university and promote high-quality education by extending the reach of the faculty and collaboratively applying expertise in technology and pedagogy in an efficient, effective, and service-oriented environment.Essential Job Duties:
This position will be part of the Open Source Applications team within Educational Technology Services (ETS) in DELTA. The Open Source Applications team is responsible for maintaining, upgrading, and developing new features for open source applications such as Moodle, WordPress, and DELTA’s own Syllabus Tool. This position will play a major role in tier 3 application support, technical documentation, report generation, and contributions to development projects assigned to the team.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Respond to user support requests, identify client issues, and correct problems using basic debugging methods.
- Document patches and procedural changes for future reference.
- Communicate with other members of DELTA to work towards resolving issues discovered during testing.
- Contribute and document code via Git repositories both internally and with the open-source communities.
- Communicate via JIRA to document and discuss patches both internally and with the open-source communities.
- Generate reports to document testing phases and software used to assist with software evaluation.
- Evaluate feature requests for technical implications and long term maintainability.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Must have demonstrated experience with software development processes in a work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field with 1-3 years experience OR equivalent education/experience.
- Competent at developing and deciphering programming languages including, but not limited to PHP and SQL.
- Competent at analyzing issues and determining possible solutions.
- Capable of interacting with a project management system to follow and report progress.
- Able to manage own task list with prioritization guidance from a supervisor.
- Familiar with providing tier 3 level support for issues involving unexpected behavior with the application interface or backend code.
- Proficient at translating advanced technical issues into terms that support personnel and/or customers can understand.
- Specific knowledge of front-end frameworks and libraries such as jQuery, Mustache, and Bootstrap.
- Competent at programming and reading object-oriented programming and techniques.
- Capable of communicating and documenting procedures to team members clearly and in a timely manner.
- Able to use Git and best practices when writing updates and changes to code bases.
- Able to develop documentation (procedures, summaries, reports, etc.) as needed for other developers and end-users.
n/aValid NC Driver's License required:
NoCommercial Driver's License required:
NoJob Open Date:
01/15/2021Anticipated Close Date:
Open Until FilledSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Please make sure that the work history listed on your application is identical to the work history listed on your resume.Position Number:
EHRA Non-FacultyFull Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
12 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse Weather:
Non Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency Events:
Non Mandatory - Emergency EventIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?:
339001 - DELTAAA/EOE:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.