Assistant Softball Coach
PG190983EPInternal Recruitment :
Assistant Softball CoachAnticipated Hiring Range:
Commenseurate with experienceWork Schedule:
Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm, with nights, weekend, overtime and holidays as needed.Job Location:
Raleigh, NCDepartment :
Athletics - SoftballAbout the Department:
The mission of the NC State University Department of Athletics is to prepare student-athletes to compete at the highest level and to inspire them to be leaders now and for the future by providing the best environment to achieve their athletic, academic, and personal aspirations as well as providing support for the professional development of our coaches and staff, all within the role of the greater institutional relationships to the University.
This position will support the Division 1A Softball Team at NC State University that competes within the ACC and NCAA.Essential Job Duties:
This position will assist the Head Softball Coach in the organization of all aspects of a Division I Softball Program with primary responsibility being Pitching Coach.
Other responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Adheres to the NCAA and ACC governing policies and procedures. Attends compliance education meetings; demonstrates commitment to both the intent and spirit of applicable NCAA and ACC rules and regulations; demonstrates integrity and professionalism in applying guidelines to individual program.
- Assists with the scouting and off-campus recruitment of student-athletes, to include assisting with on-campus visits of prospective student-athletes, as well.
- Assists in coaching and teaching skill-development in student-athletes. Instructs on team philosophy, physical health and safety.
- Monitors the conditioning and training of student-athletes, in conjunction with the Strength Coach and the Athletic Training staff.
- Attends coaches’ preparatory meetings. Develops and implements strategies resulting from these meetings.
- Advises and counsels with student-athletes regarding their obligations to comply with all rules and regulations related to financial aid and eligibility, academic performance, as well as personal conduct
- Assists in maintaining team statistics.
- Interfaces, as appropriate, with officials.
- Participates as needed in public relations activities, to include granting interviews with newspaper, radio and television media, attending press conferences and making public appearances.
- Assists with planning and coordinating approved fund raising activities, as assigned.
- Assists with budget preparations. Operates within approved budget allocations.
- Assists with the development of schedules for practice and competition, as assigned, to include interfacing with departmental administrators and representatives of other schools and conference.
- Assists with making necessary travel and meal arrangements. Travels with the team and monitors the conduct of student-athletes.
- Interfaces with Student Managers to ensure that necessary athletic equipment is available for scheduled practices and competitive events and to confirm that they act appropriately when representing the team, both at home and while traveling.
- Demonstrate consistent commitment to the academic performance, retention and graduation of student athletes.
Other duties as assigned by the Head Softball Coach and Administration.Minimum Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree.Other Required Qualifications:
Two years of collegiate softball coaching experience or equivalent playing and skills instruction experience.
A knowledge of and commitment to compliance with ACC, NCAA, and University guidelines are required.Preferred Qualifications:
2 years of coaching experience at Division 1 levelRequired License(s) or Certification(s):
The NCAA Coach’s Certification exam must be taken by all of our coaches annually. The exam must be passed in order for a coach to recruit off-campus. This certification is through the NCAA and is a critical part of the coach’s job.
Valid Driver’s License or the ability to obtain one prior to the start date.Valid NC Driver's License required:
YesCommercial Driver's License required:
NoJob Open Date:
06/02/2021Anticipated Close Date:
Open Until FilledSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Please include as attachments a resume and contact information for at least 3 professional references.Position Number:
EHRA Non-FacultyFull Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
12 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse Weather:
Non Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency Events:
Non Mandatory - Emergency EventIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?:
102014 - SoftballAA/EOE:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.