Associate Director - Innovation and Professional LearningPosition Type:
Moss Street Partnership SchoolPosition Eclass:
EP - EHRA 12 mo leave earningUniversity Information:
UNC Greensboro, located in the Piedmont Triad region of North Carolina, is 1 of only 57 doctoral institutions recognized by the Carnegie Foundation for both higher research activity and community engagement. Founded in 1891 and one of the original three UNC System institutions, UNC Greensboro is one of the most diverse universities in the state with 20,000+ students, and 3,000+ faculty and staff members representing 90+ nationalities. With 17 Division I athletic teams, 85 undergraduate degrees in over 125 areas of study, as well as 74 master’s and 32 doctoral programs, UNC Greensboro is consistently recognized nationally among the top universities for academic excellence and value, with noted strengths in health and wellness, visual and performing arts, nursing, education, and more. For additional information, please visit uncg.edu and follow UNCG on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.Primary Purpose of the Organizational Unit:
North Carolina General Statute Chapter 116, Article 29A (116-239.5) provided for the establishment of nine university laboratory schools with the mission of “improving student performance in local school administrative units with low-performing schools by providing an enhanced education program for students residing in those units and providing exposure and training for teachers and principals to successfully address challenges existing in high need school settings. The laboratory school shall provide an opportunity for research, demonstration, student support, and expansion of the teaching experience and evaluation regarding management, teaching, and learning.”
The Moss Street Partnership School, which opened in August 2018, is a K-5 elementary school that is operated collaboratively between UNCG and Rockingham County Schools. The Moss Street Partnership School has several key purposes:
- To provide innovative educational programs for low-performing K-12 students;
- To prepare K-12 professional educators and administrators who are well-qualified to work in K-12 high-needs schools;
- To develop, collect, and deliver innovative, high quality professional development to professional educators and administrators in high-needs schools;
- To conduct research and demonstration projects that expand student opportunities for success;
- To provide choice for parents of students who have been attending high-needs schools.
The Moss Street Partnership School Associate Director – Innovation and Professional Learning will work with the faculty of the partnership school, the professional education program faculty and other faculty at UNCG, relevant personnel from the partner LEA, and external agency personnel with the mission of establishing and maintaining program coherence. The Moss Street Partnership School Associate Director – Innovation and Professional Learning will work collaboratively to develop and implement policies, innovative programs, curriculum activities, and professional development to achieve the mission of the school. The Moss Street Partnership School Associate Director -Innovation and Professional Learning will cultivate a culture of innovation that supports effective instructional practices/strategies to promote student academic success and personal success for all students and adults in the school. The Moss Street Partnership School Associate Director – Innovation and Professional Learning will work collaboratively with university staff to support the work of teacher leadership preparation, school leadership preparation, and education research.Minimum Qualifications:
Master’s degree in curriculum and instruction or teacher education or related field; excellent oral and written communication skills; and evidence of skill in working with both high needs student populations and educator preparation programs. Qualifying degrees must be conferred and received from appropriately accredited institutions. A current teaching license or eligibility for teacher licensure in North Carolina is required.Additional Required Certifications, Licensures, and Certificates:
Current teaching license in NC or eligibility for a teaching license in NC.Preferred Qualifications:
Preference will be given to candidates with:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Doctoral level preparation in teacher education or curriculum and instruction,
- Fluency in teacher and school executive standards and preparation,
- Leadership experience,
- Knowledge of and experience with public school and university partnerships,
- Experience with adult learning, and
- Experience supporting pre-service teachers.
Applicants are required to upload the following documents with their electronic application:
- Cover Letter
- List of References (optional)
Applicants are required to upload a list of references of at least three (3) professional references that includes:
- Company Name
- Type of reference (Professional, Supervisor, Colleague, Academic or Personal). One (1) of those references will need to be a current or previous supervisor.
- Email Address
- Contact Phone Number
Applications are not successfully submitted until an online confirmation number has been received at the end of the application process.Recruitment Range:
Partnership School - 12022Job Open Date:
05/27/2021Open Until Filled:
1.000Type of Appointment:
PermanentNumber of Months per Year:
ExemptPercentage Of Time:
Clinical experiences and teachingEssential Tasks:
Percentage Of Time:
- Serve as instructor for the clinical experience and clinical seminars for elementary education candidates placed at Moss Street Partnership School.
- Coordinates and supervises internships and student teaching.
Leadership and researchEssential Tasks:
Percentage Of Time:
- Fosters relationships with UNCG faculty to build connections with MSPS.
- Coordinates special projects, grants, and community resource outreach.
- Coordinates research and development efforts at MSPS.
- Oversees the collection of student data, program data, and program evaluation efforts.
Professional learningEssential Tasks:
Percentage Of Time:
- Provide activities that facilitate the professional growth of the school staff and enhance the quality of the instructional program. The Moss Street Partnership School Associate Director – Innovation and Professional Learning will provide professional development and foster teacher leadership within the school.
Innovation and developmentEssential Tasks:
- Works with the principal on organizational planning.
- Works with the principal to conduct successful recruitment and enrollment management efforts.
Reading - F, Writing - F, Eye-hand coordination - C, Vision-Preparing/Analyzing figures - O, Vision-Visual inspection - F, Talking - F, Standing - F, Sitting - F, Walking - F, Lifting-0-30 lbs. - OWork Environment:
Inside - C, Outside - R