Assistant Director - Student Learning Strategist
Assistant Director - Student Learning StrategistPosition Type:
Moss Street Partnership SchoolPosition Eclass:
EP - EHRA 12 mo leave earningUniversity Information:
UNC Greensboro, located in the Piedmont Triad region of North Carolina, is 1 of only 57 doctoral institutions recognized by the Carnegie Foundation for both higher research activity and community engagement. Founded in 1891 and one of the original three UNC System institutions, UNC Greensboro is one of the most diverse universities in the state with 20,000+ students, and 3,000+ faculty and staff members representing 90+ nationalities. With 17 Division I athletic teams, 85 undergraduate degrees in over 125 areas of study, as well as 74 master’s and 32 doctoral programs, UNC Greensboro is consistently recognized nationally among the top universities for academic excellence and value, with noted strengths in health and wellness, visual and performing arts, nursing, education, and more. For additional information, please visit uncg.edu and follow UNCG on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.Primary Purpose of the Organizational Unit:
North Carolina General Statute Chapter 116, Article 29A (116-239.5) provided for the establishment of nine university laboratory schools with the mission of “improving student performance in local school administrative units with low-performing schools by providing an enhanced education program for students residing in those units and providing exposure and training for teachers and principals to successfully address challenges existing in high need school settings. The laboratory school shall provide an opportunity for research, demonstration, student support, and expansion of the teaching experience and evaluation regarding management, teaching, and learning."Position Summary:
Moss Street Partnership School staff work with K-5 students, other faculty of the Partnership School, professional education program faculty at UNCG, relevant personnel from Rockingham County Schools, and external agency personnel with the mission of improving teaching and learning for students at the Partnership School. The Assistant Director – Student Learning Strategist will work with the Principal to nurture a culture of innovation and transformative learning and support effective instructional practices and strategies that promote K-5 student academic success, provide access to opportunities for all students, and foster personal success for all students and adults in a caring and responsive school community. The Student Learning Strategist will work collaboratively to develop and implement policies, innovative programs, curriculum activities, professional development, and resource management that achieve the school’s mission, commitments, and goals. The Student Learning Strategist will work collaboratively with the Principal and with university staff to support the work of teacher leadership preparation, school leadership preparation, and education research.Minimum Qualifications:
Master’s degree in educational leadership, curriculum and instruction, or related field. Current teaching license or eligibility for a teaching license in NC. Minimum three years of teaching experience. Excellent oral and written communication skills; evidence of skill in working with high needs students. Qualifying degrees must be conferred and received from appropriately accredited institutions.Preferred Qualifications:
A current license or eligibility for licensure in school administration, as a Curriculum Instructional Specialist, or as an Exceptional Children Program Administrator is preferred. Preference will be given to candidates with leadership experience in an elementary school setting who can provide evidence of:
- Knowledge of school and university partnerships;
- Knowledge of and experience with implementing culturally relevant practices;
- Willingness to take the initiative to learn the duties, responsibilities, and expectations of the work and operations of the partnership school;
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills, including collaboration with community members, school personnel, and university personnel;
- Experience providing instructional support and coaching to teachers;
- Willingness to be receptive to innovative practices and procedures;
- Innovation, transformative practice, and outcome orientation;
- Technological proficiency across multiple platforms, including PowerSchool;
- Self-direction and organization with attention to detail;
- Willingness to work independently and with groups and teams.
Applicants must complete and submit an electronic application for employment to be considered. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing an electronic application. The application must be completed in full detail for your qualifications to be considered.
Applicants are required to upload the following documents with their electronic application:
- Cover Letter
- List of References (optional)
Applicants are required to upload a list of references of at least three (3) professional references that includes:
- Company Name
- Type of reference (Professional, Supervisor, Colleague, Academic or Personal). One (1) of those references will need to be a current or previous supervisor.
- Email Address
- Contact Phone Number
Applications are not successfully submitted until an online confirmation number has been received at the end of the application process.Recruitment Range:
Partnership School - 12022Job Open Date:
06/02/2021Open Until Filled:
1.000Type of Appointment:
PermanentNumber of Months per Year:
ExemptPercentage Of Time:
Instructional and Academic Achievement LeadershipEssential Tasks:
- Assist the principal in developing and maintaining an effective educational program consistent with State and Federal guidelines and the philosophy, policies, and goals of the Partnership School; ensuring program coherence; meeting and conferring with students, parents, faculty, and staff; maintaining records and files; preparing reports.
- Assist the principal in planning and implementing a professional development/growth program for
teachers and staff.
- Assist teachers in evaluating methods and materials and developing effective learning plans and classroom management techniques.
- Serve with parents, faculty, and student groups, as requested, in advancing educational and related activities and objectives.
Managerial LeadershipEssential Tasks:
- Assist the principal in the overall administration and day-to-day operations of the school; interpret and enforce school policies and regulations.
- Assist the principal in monitoring compliance with federal, state, and local mandates and guidelines related to state testing programs.
- Assist in coordinating school support services.
- Assist in the reporting and monitoring of student progress.
- Assist in the selection and procurement of instructional materials and supplies.
Cultural LeadershipEssential Tasks:
- Assist the principal in leading collaboration in the school and fostering a culture in which collaboration is highly valued.
- Assist the Principal in creating structures and relationships that build teacher capacity to be leaders in culturally relevant curriculum development, instructional innovation, professional learning, and school decision-making.
- Work with teachers, staff, parents, students, and community members to create and sustain a culture that values diversity, caring, transformation, fairness, and educational justice.
Strategic LeadershipEssential Tasks:
- The Student Learning Strategist assists the Principal to invigorate the school community to meet the school’s mission, commitments, and goals.
- The Student Learning Strategist assists the Principal in creating a climate of inquiry that fosters continuous improvement and challenges the school community to build on its core values and pursue pathways to equitable, just, and caring educational opportunities.
- The Student Learning Strategist assists the Principal in carrying out the school’s mission, commitments, and goals and plans collaboratively with University faculty and administrators, teachers and community members, and Rockingham County Schools administrators to ensure that processes, procedures, and resources are implemented to carry out the partnership school.
- The Student Learning Strategist will assist the Principal in providing leadership for instruction, governance, and professional learning in students, teachers, and staff.
Reading - F, Writing - F, Vision-Preparing/Analyzing figures - F, Vision-Visual inspection - F, Hearing - C, Talking - F, Standing - F, Sitting - F, Walking - F, Lifting-0-30 lbs. - OWork Environment:
Inside - F, Outside - O