Administrative Assistant - Nursing
Position DescriptionProvides office services by implementing administrative systems, process and policies and monitoring administrative projects. Provides administrative assistance and all other duties assigned in the Department of Nursing.
- BA degree or equivalent experienceBe able to represent Concordia University in a variety of situationsPossess excellent communication skills (interpersonal, public address, and written communication) Possess excellent organizational skills, be detail oriented, and be able to work unsupervisedPossess strong analytical abilities, leadership and management skillsContributes to team effort Be a problem solverHave the training skills and ability to motivate othersCompetent and comfortable with Banner, Word, PowerPoint and ExcelBe committed to the vision, mission, and ministry of Concordia University
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greets and assists office visitors. Answers phones. Screens visitors as needed.
- Order office supplies for the nursing program.
- Sort and distribute office mail. Assist nursing students with their personal needs and questions pertaining to the nursing program. Coordinates the work flow of the program to keep projects on schedule to ensure deadlines are met. Supports the Director and Assistant Director of Nursing in the nursing programs in all administrative details.Facilitate purchase orders and requisitions for the department. Maintains and manages program calendar, meetings and classroom space with faculty and students. Works when necessary with Admissions Recruiter/Coordinator to coordinate marketing/recruitment materials for recruitment events.Maintain and ensure the accuracy of the nursing program database. Develop specialized statistical reports for all programs for the Director, college executives and the University.Utilize designed spreadsheets for reports to maintain for long term evaluation and accreditation and accuracy of our nursing program.Plan and coordinate with the Nursing Department nursing Pinning/Graduation Ceremony (August and December).Work with and assist the Registrar's office and Admissions office to maintain student academic files to ensure files are complete for graduation.Prepare faculty meeting agenda and minutes.
- Prepare and Coordinate staff/faculty candidates for interviews and HR paperwork.
- Supervise student employees.
- Assist with program accreditation: data collection, reporting and correspondence with agencies
- Compile data and prepare first drafts of letters, memos, presentation, meetings and appointment calendar for Director and Assistant Director of Nursing.
- Photocopy and/or assist in preparing information and materials for presentations and meetings.
- Process replies to correspondence/communication on own initiative for/from the Director and Assistant Director of Nursing.
- Other duties as assigned