Assistant Track and Field Coach-Sprints and Jumps
Assistant Track and Field Coach-Sprints and JumpsCampus:
201100702Full or Part Time:
YesJob Description Summary:
The Assistant Track and Field coach will assist the Head Track and Field coach in the areas of coaching sprints and jumps, film, scouting, recruiting, academic and conduct monitoring, and strength and conditioning.
This will be a part-time position.Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
• Assist in the organization, preparation, and coaching of the Husson Track and Field Team to include:
o attendance at all practices and meets
o recruiting and scouting off-campus
• Implement the basic principles and policies of the athletic governing bodies (NCAA / NAC / NEIcAAA / ECAC) and Husson University
• On field coaching responsibilities as assigned by the head coach
• Assist in monitoring the academic progress of student-athletes
• Assist in monitoring the conduct of the student-athletes
• Assist with recruiting to include: on-campus tours, phone calls, and off-campus viewing
• Assist in the strength and conditioning and general training of the team
• Responsibility to meet on a daily basis with the head coach concerning all training, meets, and recruiting activities
• Independently design, organize, and execute training and practice for sprinters, jumps, and relays
• Directly responsible to the head coach for all related assignments concerning the Track and Field programs (fundraising, team activities, Spring Break, transporting student-athletes, etc.)
Education: B.A. or B.S. degree required
Experience: Proven experience in playing or coaching at the high school or intercollegiate level. Coaching licenses, certifications, and badges preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities: Working knowledge of coaching sprints and jumps. The ability to create film sessions with both individual members of the team and the full team.
Must also possess the skills to function well in a variety of support roles that interact positively with the administration, faculty, coaching staff, student-athletes and other on-campus and off-campus communities.Physical Requirements:
While performing the duties of this job, you must be able to stand for several hours at a time and demonstrate technique for multiple track and field events.
The normal work environment includes both indoor and outdoor conditions on a daily basis with regard to both practices and meets.Open Until Filled:
YesQuick Link to Posting: