Assistant Coach - Women's Softball
Job no: 508701
Position type: Staff Full Time
Benefit Status: Benefited-Non-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: Athletic Programs
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience
Applications Open: Jun 03 2021
Applications Close: Open until filled
General Summary of Position:
The Assistant Softball Coach assists with the organization and supervision of all aspects of the Softball team within the parameters designated by the university, the America East Conference and the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Assist with all aspects of student-athlete development and performance of the softball program, to include:
• Organizing, recruitment, evaluation of student-athletes.
• Conducting and supervising practices and player conditioning.
• Accumulate information to comprise scouting reports on future opponents.
• Assist with the preparation and implementation of game strategies.
• Breakdown and analysis of individual film.
• Providing appropriate leadership, direction and supervision relevant to the academic progress and personal development of student-athletes.
• Creating a positive and productive environment for the student-athletes.
2. Assist with oversight of administrative functions within softball program:
• Participating in conference and NCAA meetings.
• Adhering to all conference and NCAA rules/requirements relevant to the conduct of the intercollegiate softball program.
• Preparing information relevant to budgeting, equipment needs, and program concerns.
• Coordinate Team and Staff Travel.
3. Participate in promotional and public relations to advance athletic programs by:
• Providing assistance with departmental fund-raising.
• Representing the Department of Athletics at designated University, departmental and community functions.
• Serving in public relations capacities as needed.
• Coordinate camps/clinics, registrations, details.
4. Provide supervision of staff of the softball program by:
• Assigning responsibilities of team managers.
Promote the University’s commitment to customer service by:
• Build effective partnerships with co-workers throughout the University by freely sharing appropriate information and providing assistance when needed.
• Ensuring optimum service to all internal and external partners in response to all requests for service and information.
• Maintaining an environment that is welcoming to persons of all backgrounds, nationalities, and roles.
OTHER JOB DUTIES:
1. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Willingness to work evenings and weekends as necessary.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor’s degree
Experience:• 2-3 years softball coaching and recruiting experience at NCAA collegiate level
• Demonstrated knowledge and application of NCAA rules and regulations
• Knowledge of techniques and strategies of the sport
• Commitment to high ethical standards and academics success
• Experience working effectively in diverse environments
• Strong organizational skills
Special Instructions to Applicants:
A job offer for this position is contingent upon a satisfactory response to a Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) and background check and review.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.