Coordinator Nursing Student Success
We invite candidates to apply for the Coordinator of Nursing Student Success. The Coordinator is responsible for assessing nursing student's progression in the ASN Program and intervening as necessary to encourage strategies that will enhance (or foster) Student success.
The Nursing Student Success Coordinator is a member of the Nursing Department Leadership Team, which incudes the following:
Dean of Nursing; Director of Nursing Operations; Coordinator ASN Faculty; and Coordinator ASN Students.
This team provides support to nursing students on both the Leesburg and South Lake campuses.
The successful candidate is responsible for demonstrating LSSC core values of Learning, People, Student Success, Forward Thinking, Commitment to Excellence; Accessibility, Diversity, Partnerships, and Sound Management Practices.
1. Develop remediation plans based on student needs and learning styles
2. Identify and interact with all students having current or potential problems.
3 Assess daily activities for ASN student progression in the ASN Program.
4. Teach mandatory Student Success Strategies course for students with readmission status.
5.Communicate student status quo with Nursing Leadership Team and faculty.
6. Perform other duties as assigned.
Education Required: BSN from an accredited institution required.Education Preferred: MSN Experience Required: Minimum of three (3) years recent student success/remediation experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
* Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office and database development Student friendly.
* Organized and detail-oriented.
* Advanced ability to communicate verbally and electronically.
* Strong time management skills.
* Demonstrated respect confidentiality