Instruction Office Specialist, Instruction
Instruction Office Specialist, Instruction
Kern Community College District
Position Number: 03351
Posting Date: 06/03/2021
Position Closing Date:
Initial Screening Date: 06/17/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
Position Type: Classified
Work Week: 40 hours per week, 12 month position
Minimum Salary: $4,398.70 per month
Maximum Salary: $6,215.24 per month
Our competitive benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; life insurance and dependent life coverage; long-term disability insurance, and an employee assistance program (EAP).
In addition, employees have the option to purchase:
- Flex 125
- AFLAC Policy
- Supplemental voluntary life insurance
- 403b Tax Shelter Annuity
All coverages begin on the first day of the month following the hire date. Employees are covered under the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS) and are vested 100% after five years of full time service.
College/Site: Bakersfield College
Location: BC-Main Campus
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, provide staff assistance to supervisor, assume technical responsibility for the curriculum process; provide technical review of curriculum; complete reports and applications; maintain curriculum and other records; perform a variety of technical tasks relevant to assigned area of responsibility.
- Prepare College catalog changes for each department; contact faculty and administrators regarding catalog or curriculum changes; type, revise and print catalog changes.
- Verify and code curriculum outlines; review outlines for form and standards; submit curriculum to the appropriate committee and/or agency for approval; prepare materials for curriculum committee
members; revise curriculum copies; respond to and research information regarding curriculum.
- Compile and enter information regarding credit/no credit courses, disciplines, and pre-collegiate skills; copy and disseminate credit/no credit master list to the records office and scheduling technician.
- Compile and enter information regarding curriculum requirements; copy and disseminate requirements to division/department chairs, administrators and four-year college and university campuses.
- Research, compile and type a variety of research reports; research California Education Code, California Code of Regulations, and other regulations, guidelines and information as needed.
- Distribute course outlines and other curriculum materials to division/department chairs and administrators.
- Organize curriculum files; maintain and update course files; set up new course files; prepare deleted files for microfilming.
- Attend a variety of meetings and workshops as necessary; assist in workshops and presentations to departments on procedures for curriculum outline preparation.
- Attend, take and type minutes of curriculum committee meetings; disseminate minutes to division and department chairs and administrators.
- Compose and type a variety of letters, memoranda and related correspondence.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Any combination equivalent to: Associate degree and four years of increasingly responsible clerical experience, preferably in a community college.
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an evaluation service.
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Modern office procedures, methods and computer equipment.
- Business letter writing, word processing, spreadsheets, and report preparation.
- Principles and procedures of record-keeping.
- Elementary research and statistics.
- Correct English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Learn the curriculum requirements of the District and other state educational institutions.
- Maintain records and prepare reports.
- Research education requirements and gather related information.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
Salary Grade: 44.5
Special Instructions to Applicants:
First Review of Applications:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled; but those received by 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time) on June 17, 2021 are assured consideration. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
- Copy of legible transcripts, if applicable
- List of six (6) professional references - Listed on application form
It is the applicant’s responsibility to redact (or remove) any personal information from all documents prior to uploading. This includes Social Security Numbers, Date of Birth, and any photos of the applicant.
Foreign Degree: Applicants with foreign degrees from colleges or universities outside of the United States must have their coursework evaluated by a professional association that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute, INC. (ACEI). A copy of the evaluation must be submitted with your on-line application.
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
EEO Plan 2018-2021
Note: The District is strongly committed to achieving staff diversity and the principles of equal employment opportunity. The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race or ethnicity, color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, or because he/she is perceived to have one or more of the foregoing characteristics, or based on association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law, in any of its policies, procedures or practices.
Discrimination Free Work Environment
The District does not provide sponsorship for authorization to work in the United States. Work authorization should be established at the time of application submission.
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/15303. Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency