Research Data Analyst 1
Research Data Analyst 1
Job Number: 89686
The Department of Pediatrics, Division of Infectious Diseases at Stanford University is seeking a Research Data Analyst (RDA1) for several grant-funded global health studies focused on arboviral transmission. This position will be primarily responsible for cleaning, managing and analyzing several large, confidential databases, including programming using statistical packages, as well as communicating results both orally and in writing to variety of audiences. This position will also be expected to create new databases and data management procedures, including data security, as well as train and update other staff on these procedures and communicate about these procedures with collaborators and funders. In addition, the position may require helping with quantitative data collection, assisting in the design and management of new projects, drafting manuscripts and protocols, and preparation of grant applications, depending on the needs and interests of the individual and group.
- Collect, manage and clean datasets.
- Employ new and existing tools to interpret, analyze, and visualize multivariate relationships in data.
- Create databases and reports, develop algorithms and statistical models, and perform statistical analyses appropriate to data and reporting requirements.
- Use system reports and analyses to identify potentially problematic data, make corrections, and determine root cause for data problems from input errors or inadequate field edits, and suggest possible solutions.
- Develop reports, charts, graphs and tables for use by investigators and for publication and presentation.
- Analyze data processes in documentation.
- Provide documentation based on audit and reporting criteria to investigators and research staff.
- Communicate with government officials, grant agencies and industry representatives.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
- Master's degree or higher in statistics, public health, or health sciences.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Bachelor's degree or a combination of education and relevant experience. Experience in a quantitative discipline such as economics, finance, statistics or engineering.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Substantial experience with MS Office and analytical programs (R, SAS, STATA, etc).
- Strong writing and analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload.
- Minimum, 1-2 years experience conducting statistical analyses (R, SAS, STATA, etc).
- Ability to construct and maintain secure statistical database
- Academic and practical training in public health epidemiology, research methodology, database construction, and biostatistics.
- Ability to exercise sound scientific and statistical judgment in dealing with complex, highly confidential datasets with minimal supervision.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
- Sitting in place at computer for long periods of time with extensive keyboarding/dexterity.
- Occasionally use a telephone.
- Rarely writing by hand.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Some work may be performed in a laboratory or field setting.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4751
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: G
- Department URL: http://pediatrics.stanford.edu/
- Requisition ID: 89686
Location: School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency