Student Services Specialist
Student Services Specialist
Job Number: 89824
Public Policy Program Student Services Specialist
Stanford Public Policy is an innovative interdisciplinary program connecting the theoretical and analytical tools of economics, political science, philosophy, psychology and law with their real-world policy applications. The program has a vibrant undergraduate major and graduate program with affiliated faculty and lecturers from across campus.
The Program in Public Policy in the School Humanities and Sciences seeks a Student Services Specialist to join the team. The Student Services Specialist works primarily with the undergraduate student population monitoring degree progress as well as managing the course scheduling for the program's graduate and undergraduate curriculum. The position also provides general administrative support for the program, manages events, and handles the program's web and social media content. We are a strong team that encourages collaboration, opportunities for professional growth and a positive working experience for all of our team members. The position reports to the program Director of Finance and Operations.
The position provides administrative and operational support to faculty, staff, and students on issues regarding admission, financial aid, housing, registrar services, visa services, student life, advising, career counseling and academic services. Resolves routine issues of limited scope within the work area using general guidelines and standards or precedents as reference.
This is a 75-100% FTE, non-exempt position.
If you believe that this opportunity is a match for your knowledge, skills and abilities, we encourage you to apply.
In this role, you will:
- Review documents and forms for completeness, track files for follow up and distribute for review.
- Research and resolve routine issues, refer complex issues to other staff.
- Input data, update electronic databases, web sites, literature, and associated materials. May collect, gather and validate data, prepare basic reports.
- Coordinate logistics for outreach activities, meetings, and events.
- Respond to routine inquiries from students, faculty, external constituents, and staff.
- Serve as a subject matter resource to students and other departments.
- Contribute to general office administration and process improvements.
- May train and direct day to day activities of student and temporary workers.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
Education & Experience:
Associates degree and one year of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Customer service skills.
- Basic office administration skills.
- Ability to learn compliance with legal, financial, and university policies and external regulations.
Certifications and Licenses:
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classifications and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of their job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Location: School of Humanities and Sciences, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency