Social Science Research Coordinator
Social Science Research Coordinator
Job Number: 89817
The Division of General Pediatrics at Stanford University is seeking a Social Science Research Coordinator to perform administrative and operational duties to support research or develop public programs and policies, applying basic knowledge and understanding of scientific theory. Work under the direction and supervision of the principal investigator and/or study coordinator/supervisor.
- Prepare correspondence, documents and reports.
- Maintain and file forms and documents, including consent forms and master subject logs.
- Assist with the screening, recruiting, and obtaining consent of study participants. Perform telephone or in-person interviews to gather data, as needed. Schedule and/or call subjects for appointments.
- Prepare, distribute, administer and process questionnaires and tests, score test measurements and questionnaires, and code data for computer entry. Perform quantitative review of forms, tests, and other measurements for completeness and accuracy.
- Type, edit and organize data. Prepare data for input into statistical databases.
- Apply formulas and calculations to research data using basic statistical programs. Review and verify accuracy of database information and assist in making necessary corrections according to specific guidelines.
- Order and maintain equipment and supplies.
- Process study compensation payments and thank you letters to subjects upon completion of trial activities. Assist with post- study activities, as needed.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Two-year college degree and one year of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- General understanding of scientific theory and methods.
- General computer skills and ability to quickly learn and master computer programs.
- Ability to work under deadlines with general guidance.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to complete detailed work accurately.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with human study participants
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
- Frequently perform desk-based computer tasks, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Occasionally stand/walk, sit, use a telephone, writing by hand, and sort/file paperwork or parts.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl, rarely reach/work above shoulders, and operates foot and/or hand controls.
- - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- May be exposed to blood borne pathogens.
- May be required to work non-standard, extended or weekend hours in support of research work.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4185
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: D
- Department URL: http://pediatrics.stanford.edu/
- Requisition ID: 89817
Location: Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency