Assistant Coach, Women's Soccer
Assistant Coach, Women's Soccer
Job Number: 89797
Stanford's Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation:
Stanford's Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation (“DAPER”) is the premier intercollegiate athletics program in the country. We are the proud Home of Champions! We lead the nation with 128 NCAA championship titles, won the Women's Capital One Cup four of the last five years, and have brought home the Learfield Director's Cup for 25 straight years. We also support the university's physical education, recreation and wellness initiatives. Our dedicated staff embody a culture of excellence, embrace our mission of scholar-athleticism and exemplify a relentless championship spirit. Our actions and staff are guided by the core tenets of the DAPER culture, “The DAPER Way,” which are: Embrace Scholar-Athleticism, Pursue and Revere Excellence, Lead with Courage and Work Cohesively.
Are you ready to inspire champions? If yes, then this may be the right opportunity for you!
Stanford Athletics seeks a qualified individual for the full-time position of Assistant Women's Soccer Coach. This position will report to the Head Coach. Assist the Head Coach of the Women's Soccer Program Responsibilities include assisting with all aspects of a nationally competitive Division I Women's Soccer Program.
Your responsibilities include:
- Assist with recruiting student-athletes to compete at Stanford University.
- Help plan and execute team practice sessions.
- Coordinate team travel logistics.
- Assist with the organization required for visiting teams, recruits and other activities and events.
- Assist with the organization and administration of camps and clinics.
- Coordinate procurement and inventory control of equipment and apparel for team, staff and camps.
- Understand and apply NCAA, Pac-12 and University regulations, standards and policies. Must pass the NCAA recruiting exam annually.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Coach or his designee.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
Bachelor's degree required and a minimum of three years of coaching experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with student-athletes, peers and the general public
- Computer literacy with common office applications such as Word and Excel required
- Ability to understand and comply with all rules and regulations of the Stanford University, Pac-12 Conference and NCAA
- Ability to work compatibly and cooperatively with a variety of staff and personnel in the Department of Athletics, the University and the community.
This position, along with all DAPER coaches and staff, is responsible for the integrity of Stanford's intercollegiate athletics program and for the reputation of Stanford University. This position is responsible for ensuring that his/her/their involvement with Athletics Department activities maintains the integrity of the University's reputation and does not negatively impact the relationship between the University and its faculty, staff, students and alumni. Additionally, this position must comply with University policies and procedures, NCAA and Pac-12 rules and regulations.
Why Stanford is for you:
Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 1417
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: G99
- Requisition ID: 89797
Location: Athletics, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency