Director, Financial Aid
Director, Financial Aid
Job Number: 89798
Stanford Graduate School of Business
Residing in Silicon Valley, the heart of innovation, Stanford GSB has built a global reputation based on its immersive and innovative management programs. We provide students a transformative leadership experience, push the boundaries of knowledge with faculty research, and offer a portfolio of entrepreneurial and non-degree programs that deliver global impact like no other. We strive to change lives, change organizations, and change the world.
The Assistant Dean and Director of MBA Admissions and Financial Aid of the Stanford Graduate School of Business seeks a Director of Financial Aid. The Director will work closely with the MBA, MSx, and PhD programs to develop financial aid guidelines and administer, assign, and reconcile over $50 million in federal loans, private loans, and fellowship funding. The Director also develops and implements financial aid strategy, manages financial aid staff, and delivers services to students. The Director facilitates discussions with university-wide stakeholders, including faculty, senior staff, students, and alumni to identify Financial Aid process needs and opportunities.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to both develop and execute on strategy within a world-class academic institution, ensuring students have the financial resources needed to attend and participate fully in our academic programs.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Provide strategic direction for financial aid, including forecasting, planning, and managing program budgets.
- Make hiring decisions, provide coaching and mentoring, and manage performance and staffing levels.
- Develop and measure effectiveness of services and programs delivered to students.
- Design and implement fellowship programs to attract and enroll high potential candidates in collaboration with faculty, staff, students, and alumni.
- Counsel students on budgeting issues and financial obligations to the University and their lenders.
- Manage the internal and external financial aid communications, including web content.
- Identify, manage relationships, and negotiate with external and internal partners.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree and five years relevant experience or a combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in management of projects, including project planning, scheduling, tracking, and budgeting.
- Strong communication skills to effectively educate internal and external audiences.
- Strong analytical skills to review and assess complex financial information; Experience building and maintaining spreadsheets.
- Strong leadership and strategic management skills.
- Demonstrated success in managing people.
- Comfort with technology and data management.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively.
In addition, our preferred requirements include:
- Advanced degree; MBA is preferred.
- Functional experience in financial analysis, operations, program management, or customer service is desirable.
- Experience in financial services, financial aid, or higher education is also desirable.
* The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Why Stanford is for You
Stanford's dedicated 16,000 staff come from diverse educational and career backgrounds. We are a collaborative environment that thrives on innovation and continuous improvement. At Stanford, we seek talent committed to excellence, driven to impact the future of our legacy, and improve lives on a global sphere. We provide competitive salaries, excellent health care and retirement plans, and a generous vacation policy, including additional time off during our winter closure. Our generous perks align with what matters to you:
- Freedom to grow. Take advantage of career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a Ted Talk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or leader discuss global issues.
- A caring culture. We understand the importance of your personal and family time and provide you access to wellness programs, child-care resources, parent education and consultation, elder care and caregiving support.
- A healthier you. We make wellness a priority by providing access to world-class exercise facilities. Climb our rock wall or participate in one of hundreds of health or fitness classes.
- Discovery and fun. Visit campus gardens, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. We offer free commuter programs and ridesharing incentives. Enjoy discounts for computers, cell phones, recreation, travel, entertainment, and more!
We pride ourselves in being a culture that encourages and empowers you.
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 7285
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: A60
- Requisition ID: 89798
Location: Graduate School of Business, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency