Senior MD Admissions Officer
Senior MD Admissions Officer
Job Number: 89789
Stanford University is seeking an Admission Officer 3 to independently administer, implement and/or interpret university and department admission policies and procedures.
- Read, evaluate, recommend and advocate for higher level undergraduate and graduate applicants to the Admission Committee to consider for admission based on current university priorities.
- Develop and implement programs and strategies for recruitment of top students, bear primary responsibility for a specific area of focus.
- Develop and deliver outreach programs in local, national and international communities, conduct informational meetings and respond to questions regarding admissions and the student experience at Stanford.
- Develop programs and efforts to cultivate and maintain relationships with secondary or university personnel, professional organizations, students, parents and alumni.
- Analyze needs, develop and manage admission programs and processes.
- May conduct quantitative analyses of admission data.
- Serve as a public relations and information resource to prospective applicants, secondary or university personnel, professional organizations, students, parents and alumni, represent University at activities and events, meetings, committees and conferences.
- May hire, train and supervise part-time seasonal readers and other staff.
* - Other duties may also be assigned.
- Personnel Management experience.
- Budget Management experience.
- Proven organizational, planning and time management skills.
- Proven experience in public speaking and presentation skills.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Bachelor's degree and 3 years relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent reading comprehension skills.
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and make distinctions among competitive applicants.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated presentation skills.
- Evidence of program planning and management skills.
- Frequently perform desk based computer tasks, seated work and use light/ fine grasping.
- Occasionally lift, carry, push pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely stand, walk, use a telephone and write by hand.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- May work extended or non-standard hours based on project or business needs. Occasional local and overnight travel required.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 7513
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: I
- Requisition ID: 89789
Location: School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency