Food Service Worker IV- Driver
Food Service Worker IV- Driver
Job Number: 89768
This position is represented by SEIU Local 2007 and the collective bargaining agreement between the university and SEIU Local 2007 governs the terms and conditions of employment.
The anticipated shift is based on the operational needs and can change at any time with notice.
“Listed schedules will start as of September 2021. During summer training schedules will vary”
ABOUT STANFORD UNIVERSITY AND RESIDENTIAL & DINING ENTERPRISES:
Stanford University, located between San Francisco and San Jose in the heart of California's Silicon Valley, is one of the world's leading teaching and research universities. Since its opening in 1891, Stanford has been dedicated to finding solutions to big challenges and to preparing students for leadership in a complex world.
Residential & Dining Enterprises (R&DE), the largest auxiliary organization at Stanford University, supports the academic mission of the University by providing high-quality services to students and other members of the university community. The department has an annual operating budget of over $350M, operates 24/7/365, and oversees a $3B asset portfolio comprising a 7 million sq. ft. physical plant across the campus. In autumn quarter of the 2021-22 academic year, R&DE will return to providing housing for over 13,000 students and dependents, serving meals at 17 dining halls, 12 retail locations, and operating athletic concessions and conference operations. Additionally, R&DE comprises 900 FTE staff in the following divisions: Student Housing Operations, Stanford Dining, Stanford Hospitality & Auxiliaries, Stanford Conferences, Maintenance Operations and Capital Projects, and a team of R&DE strategic business partners: Finance & Administration, Information Technology, Human Resources, and Strategic Communications.
“Students (Customers) First” is the mantra of R&DE and our strategic goals reflect our commitment to delivering quality and excellence to our constituents every day. In R&DE,“Excellence is defined by aligning our strategic goals and performance with our vision.”
Stanford and R&DE are committed to creating and sustaining a diverse environment. R&DE's dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is reflected in our work of providing service excellence to our students. Diversity is more than a commitment—it is foundational to what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other characteristics that make us different.
Support the operation of CPK by packaging finished goods and all associated with the distribution of said finished goods for delivery to operating units. Drive on a designated schedule in a safe and courteous manner keeping the interest of University resources in mind.
- Assist Executive Chef and other cooks. Responsible for setting up and breaking down all deliveries in an attractive and complete manner according to the event sheet and instructions.
- Must check Delivery Menu against Production Sheet
- Responsible for assembling food, beverage and other supplies as designated. Pre-pack supplies for future catering deliveries.
- Incumbent must set up deliveries independently if necessary. Maintain inventory control of product and equipment. Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Assure consistency in service, coordinate alternate delivery times etc.
- Must possess exceptional attention to detail and have knowledge of products being delivered.
- Incumbent must keep information confidential and communicate appropriate information to manager.
- Must be flexible with customer's last minute requests. Requires excellent customer service orientation and strong communication skills.
- Incumbent must check all product before it leaves the CPK for accuracy and must be able and prepared to assist in further packaging.
- Clean and maintain delivery vehicles and associated materials and maintain work areas in a safe, sanitary and orderly condition.
Note: The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
Three years' experience in kitchen preparation and cooking or a combination of equivalent education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must remain organized in daily routines and must have knowledge of products and service.
- Requires excellent customer service orientation and strong communication skills. Must have some excellent listening skills.
- Familiarity with University locations.
- Must be knowledgeable of food Safety and HACCP policies..
- Must have the ability to understand and communicate in English with adequate proficiency to follow directions from supervisor, read and understand safety guidelines and direction to prevent accidents or injuries from occurring, and communicate effectively with customers (staff, visitors, students) by listening and speaking clearly to them.
- Ability to utilize computerized ordering system including entering and reading orders.
- Ability to obtain and maintain California Food Handler Training Certificate.
Certifications and Licenses:
- If handling food, California Food Handler Training Certificate within 90 days of hire.
- If performing drop-off or delivery services, valid California Non-commercial Class Driver's license.
- Must possess Food Safety Managers Certification
- Frequently walking, bending, kneeling, hand and finger dexterity (light/fine grasping, grasp forcefully), and reaching/working above shoulders.
- Constantly standing
- Occasionally sitting, squatting and climbing
- Lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling up to 15 pounds frequently, up to 50 pounds occasionally and over 50 pounds rarely
- Work schedule can fluctuate in accordance with bargaining unit contract. May work late nights, weekends and holidays.
- Wet floors
- Ability to work in hot temperatures
- Exposure to hot and cold water
- Ability to work around hot equipment or cold refrigeration
- Constant noise
- When conducting university business, must comply with the California Vehicle Code and Stanford University driving requirements.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu/
and the appropriate collective bargaining agreement at https://cardinalatwork.stanford.edu/hr-processes-policiespolicies/labor-relations-collective-bargaining.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Location: Residential & Dining Enterprises, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency