Requisition Number:30902Location: Boulder, Colorado Employment Type:University StaffSchedule:Full-TimePosting Close Date:18-Aug-2021Date Posted:26-Jul-2021 Close All
Job SummaryThe Bakery team at CU Boulder is searching for a benefits-eligible Head Line Cook! This is a hands-on working culinary position that provides oversight and leadership in assigned dining operating to the BOH Dining Attendants. This position, will prepare, assign and delegate standardized recipe preparation, ensuring quality, A9 and food safety standards are followed in their specific assigned production area, all while offering exceptional customer service in a team-driven and supported environment.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Who We AreCampus Dining Services exists to provide 3.3 million meals per year for the students, staff, faculty, and guests of the university. We are comprised of Residential Dining Halls, Catering and Retail outlets which operate year-round. Campus Dining leads the industry with outstanding quality food and exceptional dining experiences. We continue to expand our sustainability initiatives and reduce our carbon footprint in our daily operations, including efforts in resource recovery, conservation, and food sourcing. Our team is dedicated to providing options and information to all of our guests with dietary restrictions and allergens, including vegan, vegetarian, kosher and Halal choices, supported by a strong allergen awareness program called A9 ® Identified. What Your Key Responsibilities Will BeKitchen Prep and Operation:
- Prep, assemble and delegate food preparation tasks.
- Delegate and assist with the setup and breakdown of production and service areas.
- Understand and enforce food safety protocols, equipment standards, service standards, and ServSafe policies
- Ensure cleanliness and quality of BOH service areas.
- Provide excellent customer service and assist with customer needs and inquiries.
- Lead by example both in general work ethic and positive and productive demeanor.
- Display and demonstrate excellent communication skills with staff and customers.
- Follow all ParTech and A9 labeling procedures and request labels
- Fully comprehend allergen labeling protocol, including avoidance of cross contact, and report all concerns
- Serve on the food safety response team and responds to all food safety emergencies as appropriate
- Train new staff members, both full time and student employees.
- Make scheduling recommendations, facilitate break schedules, and alert management of holes in the personnel roster as necessary.
- Hold others accountable, following progressive discipline process, while empowering others to make decisions within their span of control.
- Discuss staff issues with Shift Supervisor and Lead Service Manager.
What We Can Offer
- The pay rate is $17.00 per hour.
BenefitsThe University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
.Be StatementsBe Empowered. Be Talented. Be Boulder.What We Require
- Ability to work in a team driven environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced team setting.
What We Would Like You To Have
- One year culinary experience in high volume, university, or institutional food service operation preferred.
- Baker experience preferred, with knowledge of bread and pastry production.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience in a gluten-free setting preferred.
Special InstructionsTo apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by August 8, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs
.Posting Contact InformationPosting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human ResourcesPosting Contact Email: [email protected]