EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT #00025560
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 36933
Hiring Department Office of the Vice Chancellor for University Advancement Application DeadlineJune 15, 2021 Full Time/Part TimeFull Time, Benefit Eligible Salary$21.00-$25.00/hour Job Description
- Guide the Vice Chancellor in remaining focused on our mission, initiatives, and goals by assisting with establishing annual goals and tracking and reporting progress. Assist with calendaring by scheduling meetings, coordinating meeting logistics and creating meeting agendas. Prepare the Vice Chancellor for meetings and events by anticipating needs and briefing prior to engagements.Provide support with following up to emails, phone calls, letters, and requests, ensuring timely responses.Develop reports, proposals, presentations, and other materials, exhibiting attention to detail and synthesizing data/information. Serve as the agent for the Missouri S&T Board of Trustees by coordinating and executing semi-annual meetings and dinners. Prepare minutes by summarizing the meetings as recording secretary for the board. Maintain all official board papers. Manage the office needs and supervise the front office support staff. Prepare travel and expense reports for prompt reimbursements. Administer the process of several divisional meetings. As with all positions, involvement with other duties and responsibilities may be expected in order to support the mission and vision of University Advancement.
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience and at least 3 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.
- Strong analytic and time management skills, excellent organizational and interpersonal skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while exhibiting attention to detail.
- Demonstrate experience in managing small events, travel arrangements, managing multiple calendars, preparing meeting agendas and synthesizing data/information is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook Calendar, merge capabilities) and PeopleSoft.
- Ability to quickly learn new computer programs specific to departmental needs.
The final candidate is required to provide copies of official transcript(s) for any college degree(s) listed in application materials submitted. Copies of transcript(s) should be provided prior to the start of employment. In addition, the final candidate may be required to verify other credentials listed in application materials.
Failure to provide official transcript(s) or other required verification may result in the withdrawal of the job offer.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
The University of Missouri is an equal access, equal opportunity, affirmative action employer that is fully committed to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
The University's nondiscrimination policy applies to any phase of its employment process, any phase of its admission or financial aid programs, or other aspects of its educational programs or activities. Further, this policy applies to sexual violence or sexual harassment, both forms of sex discrimination, occurring within the educational program and instances occurring outside of the educational program if the conduct negatively affects the victim’s educational experience or the overall campus environment.
Any person having inquiries concerning the application of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 or other civil rights laws should contact the Title IX Coordinator.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links: