Technician, Client Services
Provides advanced technical support to both the Administrative and Academic Computing areas on computer hardware, software, peripheral equipment, and multimedia for all sites in the college district. Provides training on college software applications, hardware, and distance learning applications for college employees and students on a routine basis. This is a full-time, 12 month, benefit eligible position. Evening and weekend hours and some travel will be required.
Coconino Community College/CCC2NAU program is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
The Human Resources Diversity StatementThe Human Resources Team commits to fostering a culture where each person, employee or not - feels heard, supported and engaged in a positive and empathetic way. We purposefully construct and nurture a focus upon community and inclusiveness. All lives matter regardless of actual or perceived sexual identity, gender identity, gender expression, economic status, ethnicity, ability, disability, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, age, immigration status, or location.In HR, every experience matters, and it is our goal to make those experiences matter for you.
Deaf/Hard of Hearing Dial 711 for relay services and connect to 928-226-4320.
Title IX Disclaimer
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, states: "No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance."
The goal of CCC is to provide an educational, employment, and business environment free of gender discrimination. Incidents of misconduct should be reported to the college Title IX Coordinator, as outlined in policy, contact information is available at this link: https://www.coconino.edu/title-ix
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves basic issues associated with desktop computing, desktop application support, printers, network, and other ITS services.
- Provides one-on-one support over the phone and online and in person for ITS related applications and systems.
- Documents & updates installation, configuration, deployment & maintenance procedures.
- Develops and maintains self-service knowledge base articles and FAQ's
- Performs installation, maintenance and troubleshooting operations on both PC and Mac platforms. Includes using standard techniques for installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of supported platforms and peripheral systems, (keyboards, mice, monitors, printers etc.)
- Assists the desktop services staff members in testing network applications and setting up imaged computers.
- Assists ITS Department with assembling, disassembling and maintenance of audio/visual equipment for college events, classrooms and meeting rooms.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge of microcomputer (PC) principles, operations and maintenance. Knowledge of current Windows and Mac operating systems as well as Chrome, Android and IOS operating systems. Knowledge of standard office automation software, such as Microsoft Office. Skill in maintaining both PCs and Mac. Skill in effective business and interpersonal communication. Skill in end-user support. Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and supports diversity, and to work with people from a variety of backgrounds.
Associate's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or related field, and one year of directly related experience; or three years of related work experience; or any equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job and/or as approved by the Human Resources department.
- General knowledge of Help Desk ticketing system.
- CompTIA A+ or similar Computer Troubleshooting Certification.
- Ability to work on multiple priority tasks of varying difficulty and length.
- Basic/Advanced technical troubleshooting techniques