IT MANAGER, School of Medicine, Dermatology
IT MANAGER, School of Medicine, DermatologyTracking Code3365 Job Description
This position is the sole support to the Administration, Research and SPL functions the operate in the Dermatology building at 609 Albany. This support includes:
- Manage, coordinate and lead all the Information Technology (IT) operations in the Department of Dermatology and Skin Pathology Laboratory.
- Plan, design and manage IT infrastructure in the Department of Dermatology, its remote offices and Skin Pathology Laboratory.
- System Administration for departmental Servers and Workstations.
- Manage all the computer related hardware and software requirements for the Department of Dermatology including acquisition, installation, service, maintenance and staff training.
- Backing up critical data on servers and workstations.
- Project coordinator for Skin Pathology Laboratory.
- Installations, configurations and management of Microsoft Windows server environment.
- Design, build, test, and implement server solutions in both physical and virtual environments.
- Responsible for Information Systems that store and process patient data that is governed by HIPAA regulations, and other sensitive data.
- Responsible for acquisition of software, hardware and services through Boston University, Boston Medical Center recommended vendors, or through other vendors according to the institutional policies.
- Conduct Risk Analysis and Risk Management activities to comply with HIPAA compliancerequirements.
- HL7 Project coordination, management, implementing and testing HL7 Interfaces for interconnecting laboratory and hospitals’ EMR/E H R to send and receive lab orders and results electronically between Skin Pathology Laboratory and other hospitals/laboratories.
- Maintain and keep completed HL7 interfacing accounts in good standing with vendors such aseClinical Works, EZDERM, Modernizing Medicine.
- Responsible for Departmental data and patient data backups in both in house and offsite storage locations.
- Lead the IT operations of Skin Pathology Laboratory with two offshore IT companies to make sure development and support activities to take place around the clock.
- Responsible for operating the Local IT helpdesk to support all departmental users (Faculty, Staff, Residents and International Graduate Students) and Skin Pathology Laboratory users.
This position also oversees and executes:
- Department equipment purchasing.
- Website management and coordination.
- Administration of Network solution e-mails.
- System Security.
- SQL Server administration.
- Microsoft Windows Active Directory and DNS.
- Decision making for departmental technology needs.
3-5 years of experience...
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.Job Location BOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular