BROADCAST RECORDING TECHNICIAN II, WBUR Program & Production
BROADCAST RECORDING TECHNICIAN II, WBUR Program & ProductionTracking Code9960 Job Description
The Broadcast Recording Technician II is responsible for the on-air engineering and production of WBUR broadcast quality audio, consisting primarily of on-air studio console operation and digital editing/mixing. The Broadcast Recording Technician II helps provide coverage for vacation and sick-time of other Broadcast Recording Technicians and Technical Directors, and as a result may need to work late hours and weekends. The position also assists the Production Manager in the scheduling and management of WBUR studio usage.
- Responsible for the engineering of WBUR#s on-air signal. Operates air-studio audio console. Previews all sound elements with critical ear to ensure broadcast quality, and maintains proper volume levels and balance during playback. Serves as Operator On Duty. Responsible for airing all underwriting announcements according to Program Log, noting in writing any changes to fulfill contractual obligations.
- Edits and mixes WBUR local news stories, promotional announcements and other non-news material as assigned by the Production Manager using the latest digital technology, including Pro Tools.
- Records both news and non-news events at remote locations for possible use in various programs as assigned. May include recording and editing of Boston University lectures, Marsh Chapel services, and other lectures or forums for possible broadcast, and listener testimonials for use during on-air fundraisers
- Provide coverage for vacation and sick-time of other Broadcast Recording Technicians, and Technical Directors.
- Assists the Production Manager in scheduling of WBUR studio usage. Escort studio guests in and out of WBUR studios. Other duties as assigned, including participation in station.
- Bachelor's degree or relevant experience required
- At least three years of experience required
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.Job Location BOSTON, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular