Business Operations Manager
Job no: 495729
Work type: Non-Classified/Professional
Location: Boise, ID
Categories: Administration and Business Operations, Marketing and Communications, Media and Arts
Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/boise-and-beyond/. Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.Job Summary/Basic Function:
This position is responsible for managing and improving all internal business operations, oversee employee activity and ensure a department is on track to meet its financial goals. Develop annual scope of work and manage progress throughout the year. Takes on special projects and coordinates completion.Level Scope:
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. works independently with general supervision; exercises judgement within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees.Essential Functions:
60% of Time the Business Operations Manager must:
● Supervises development and implementation of business forms, documents and web forms. Develops, modifies, and implements policies, rules, and procedures.
● Directs the reporting functions of the unit. May serve as the lead for special projects as assigned. Establishes and maintains internal policies and procedures for administrative activities. Implements work plans and initiatives.
● Creates and manages budget projections, analyzing revenue and expenditures and other funds. Oversees the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities.
● Collaborates with staff and faculty and other administrative units to identify opportunities and develop solutions to problems and issues.
● Frequently handles sensitive and/or confidential issues.
● May supervise and direct the work of others
● Research and analyze data for accuracy, trends, and variances to ensure acceptable business practices, procedures and compliance have been followed.
35% of Time the Business Operations Manager
● Manages the course scheduling of two separate departments.
● Tracks budget details for multiple distinct programs within the separate departments.
● Reports to department chairs, faculty, and staff regarding budgetary inquiries.
5% of Time the Business Operations Manager
Perform other duties as assigned
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Supervisory experience and leadership skills
● Knowledge of project development and management
● Ability to efficiently follow and implement policies and procedures
● Experience researching and analyzing financial and other reports and compiling information
Bachelor's and 2 years of professional experience or equivalent relevant experience.Preferred Qualifications:
Advanced degree in a related field (MBA, CPA, etc.) preferred.
5+ Years of experience in a similar position preferred.
Salary starts at $52,000, commensurate with experience. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://www.boisestate.edu/hrs/benefits/.Required Application Materials:
Please submit a resume and cover letter detailing your qualifications for the role.
Advertised: June 1, 2021 Mountain Daylight Time
Applications close: June 20, 2021 11:55 PM Mountain Daylight Time