Network Course Manager
Open Society University Network (OSUN)Network Course ManagerEmployer Website: https://apply.interfolio.com/88532
The Network Course Manager is responsible for supporting the planning, development, implementation, and administration of Open Society University Network (OSUN) Network Courses. Network courses are designed by faculty from multiple institutions and taught simultaneously on several OSUN campuses. Faculty meet in teams to collaborate on the design of a syllabus that shares some common aspects like readings,assignments, and synchronous and asynchronous work to foster dialogue amongst students.
The Manager supports network course faculty, works with the OSUN Secretariat in the planning and development of network courses, and oversees the day-to-day operation of network course planning and implementation. The Network Course Coordinator reports to the Vice Chancellor of the Open Society University Network/Vice President for Academic Affairs of Bard College.
- Liaising with Network course faculty and OSUN Secretariat leadership to support course planning and management.
- Coordinating with Bard and OSUN Academic Technologists to ensure the functionality of the course learning management system (Brightspace), including supporting faculty training on the LMS.
- Coordinate student enrollments.
- Developing and overseeing student and faculty course evaluations.
- Overseeing and managing expense records, reconciliation, and invoicing for the Network Course budget (e.g. guest speaker honoraria, travel reimbursements, course supplies).
- Creating a Network Course calendar of events and presentations to share with Network Course faculty and students.
- Supporting faculty meet ups and course planning sessions.
- Arranging international travel associated with faculty planning sessions and meet ups.
- Updating key information for the OSUN website and handbook on a regular basis.
- Tracking and maintaining up to date lists of current and pending network courses and faculty participation by institution.
- Other duties as assigned.
- MA degree preferred.
- Organizational and administrative experience.
- Excellent problem-solving, decision-making and time management abilities.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading abilities.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Experience with online and distance learning.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office, G-Suite, Acrobat Pro.
- Broad technology skills and familiarity with managing online learning and course management platforms, such as Brightspace, Moodle, Google Classroom.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time in a standard office environment
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 20 pounds
- Must be able to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed
Please submit a cover letter, resume, the contact information for three references, and a diversity statement to interfolio at this link: http://apply.interfolio.com/88532
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information. Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.