Dean of Faculty and Curricular Development
Bard College at Simon's RockDean of Faculty and Curricular DevelopmentEmployer Website: https://apply.interfolio.com/85727
Bard Academy and Bard College at Simon’s Rock invites applications for a dynamic individual who will join our administrative team as the Dean of Faculty and Curricular Development, beginning July 2021.
Bard College at Simon’s Rock is a small, selective liberal arts college located in Berkshire County, Massachusetts. The college serves younger students eager to begin college early, with a freshman median age of 16. Bard Academy, our rigorous and creative high school program that opened in 2015, serves students at the 9th and 10th grade level.
The Dean of Faculty and Curricular Development (DFCD) provides leadership and administrative oversight of the development and staffing of the academic programs for the Academy and the College. In partnership with the Provost, the DFCD supervises, coaches, and evaluates the faculty. The DFCD reports to the Provost, and together with the Dean of Studies forms the leadership of all of Simon’s Rock’s academic programming. The DFCD also oversees collaborations with the Bard Early Colleges, Open Society University Network (OSUN) campuses, and other academic partners.
- Oversight of the planning and staffing of the academic program
- Leadership of the academic Division Heads
- Hire, supervise, train, lead, and evaluate Faculty
- Promote and support Faculty research, scholarship, and creative output
- Develop network-level programming
- Contribute to the teaching (1/1 load) and advising of students
- Assist the Provost and Vice-Provost in realizing the mission
- Manage and supervise academic budgets
- PhD, MFA, or other terminal degree in a field taught at Simon’s Rock
- Scholarship and engagement in field of study since attainment of terminal degree
- 8 years of teaching experience at college, early college, and/or high school levels
- Leadership experience, through administrative roles and/or faculty service roles
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience with and commitment to working with younger scholars
Interested applicants should send a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and the names and contact information for three references through Interfolio.com at: https://apply.interfolio.com/85727.
Simon’s Rock is AA/EOE, and we encourage applications from candidates of all races, nationalities, sexual orientations, gender identities, and socioeconomic levels. Employment is contingent on successful completion of background check. Review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until the position is filled.