Job Title: Research Manager
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 227445
Required Qualifications Ph.D. from an accredited college or university with a minimum of one year directly applicable experience; previous supervisory experience.
Master's degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum of five years' progressive grant management, resources management and quality assurance program development experience; or major coursework completed on a Ph.D. in a related scientific field with two years of progressive grant management, resources management and quality assurance program development experience.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum of eight years' progressive grant management, resources management and quality assurance program development experience.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Ability to maintain confidentiality
Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
Detail-oriented with strong organizational, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databases or willingness to learn
Ability to work independently as well as interact with lab mates, complete work and meet deadlines
Highly motivated and committed to achieving excellence in the form of productivity and publicationsPreferred Qualifications Ph.D. from an accredited college or university with a minimum of one year of directly applicable experience; previous supervisory experience
Certification from the Association of Clinical Research Professionals as a Certified Clinical Research Coordinator (CCRC) or Certified Clinical Research Associate (CCRA)Responsibilities The Research Manager is responsible for financial oversight of research activity accounts in the Cancer Center Clinical Trials Office. This responsibility includes both pre-award (budgets) and post award financial activities. The Research Manager will also coordinate and manage activities associated with sponsored Clinical Trials Research studies to include the review of contractual agreements, preparation and negotiation of proposed budgets ensuring compliance and sponsor research agreements, applicable laws, regulations and institutional policies. Collaboration with Clinical Trials Research Development Service Department, Division of Sponsored Programs, and Legal Affairs to ensure study budgets and contracts are routed, negotiated and executed successfully. The Research Manager will ensure financial viability and operational efficiencies through budget negotiation. Will assist in the development of robust reporting tools for the timely reporting and analysis of research revenue and expenses. Will assist in the implementation of short and long term financial and strategic plans to sustain research activities and central research office functions, including budgeting, financial modeling and cost/benefit analysis. Will also ensure compliance and Medicare billing requirements to research studies. The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinates and manages all pre-award and post-award financial activities associated with oncology industry sponsored clinical research studies/trials. Reviews protocols and contractual agreements, provides coverage analysis, communicates regularly with Industry Sponsor/CRO, Principal Investigator, research team, DSPA, OnCore office, and all other external and internal entities involved in the budget and contract preparation and execution.
- Completes budgetary analysis of new cancer center clinical trials and existing clinical trials to include cost percentage increases over the life of the clinical trials to compensate for rate increases.
- Performs financial management activities associated with the ongoing management of current clinical research protocols, including, but not limited to, review and negotiating budget amendments and post-award activities. Performs quality control financial audits on oncology clinical trial budgets to ensure Medicare compliance.
- Acts as a liaison between clinical trial sponsors (or contract research organizations), clinical Investigators, and coordinates efforts towards the start-up and ongoing conduction of a clinical trial. Provides subject matter expertise on research financial matters to department managers, directors, and senior management.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.