Director Study Abroad
Job Title: Director Study Abroad
Location: Summerville Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 227386
Master's degree in higher education, international studies, public administration or a related field appropriate to the position as well as 3 years of experience in an administrative role working with students, faculty, international communities, and/or staff in a university setting. Some demonstrated experience developing virtual learning.
Other Required Qualifications
Requires solid judgment, discernment and professionalism when working with students, faculty, administrative leadership, fellow administrators and SAO staff. Requires diplomacy and respect in handling sensitive issues with students and faculty. Requires competency in knowing when to alert administrative leadership of the need for additional support or to make appropriate referrals to other offices or seek guidance to handle matters internally. Requires confidentiality in relation to student records and engagement.
Hearing and speech for student advisement, management, and working with faculty. Sight for computer work. Analytical for assessments/critical thinking/planning. Voice for customer service international and supervision of staff. Memory/accuracy for continual retrieval of information/dissemination to customers, manager and co-workers in a variety of formats (written, verbal and electronic). Cognitive for research and implementation of best practices in the field.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to maintain confidentialityExcellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databases
- Advise and assist faculty - Advise and assist faculty with AU sponsored study abroad/ away program development, including cost of program, administration, and approval; advise faculty and administration in the inclusion of international education in the AU curriculum; lead training sessions for new faculty program directors on best practices in study abroad/away programs. Serve as chair of the AU institutional study abroad committee (ISAC)
- Enhance Student Engagement - Enhance student engagement in AU-sponsored and outside vendor offered study abroad/away opportunities through marketing and recruitment, oversee student advising, and outreach, and manage study abroad/ away scholarships. Supervise the management of individual student travel records. Commence efforts towards the development of a robust virtual international learning programs.
- SAO Budget - Manage SAO budget in cooperation with VPI Business Operations Specialist. Develop and prepare comprehensive reports that will be provided to the AVPII and Vice Provost.
- Policies and Procedures - Develop and maintain policies and procedures pertaining to study abroad/away programs to ensure institutional compliance with all applicable institution, state and federal regulations including but not limited to finances, budgeting, insurance and travel. Oversee crisis and risk management for all study abroad/away programs, serving as first responder to students, staff and faculty members experiencing emergency incidents in abroad or away programs and enacting emergency action plans.
- Program Evaluation - Develop and maintain an annual program evaluation system that assesses study abroad/away programs; submit special reports, as necessary, to AVPII or VPI and other relevant stakeholders such as USG.
- USG - Participate in USG System Council on International Education (SCIE) and implement best practices as guided by USG Office of International Education (USG OIE).
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Commence efforts towards the development of robust virtual international learning programs.Shift/Salary Shift: M-F/8a-5p (Work outside of the normal business hours may be required.) Pay Grade: 18 Salary: $48,341/Annually-$65,260/Annually Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position Recruitment Period: 6/2/2021 until filledConditions of Employment All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University.
Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.
Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success." Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.