Electronic Resources Coordinator
Electronic Resources CoordinatorPosition Number:
Under general supervision of the Library’s Administrative Services Manager, this position:
•Oversees the collection of usage statistics from Porter Henderson Library’s electronic resources (not including Voyager or any library management system modules) for accuracy, contractual compliance, evidence-based reporting, and general content evaluations.
•Supports the licensing review process with recommendations for lawful operational strategies.
•Facilitates timely access to bibliographic statistics for library’s Content Management team.
•Recommends strategies to improve patron experiences with electronic resources in all modalities; and
•Works collaboratively with PHL and West Texas Collection colleagues, vendors, and ASU IT to ensure seamless discovery of the library’s contracted electronic resources.
1) Creates and maintains policies, workflows, and best practices related to electronic resource management in cooperation with Administrative Services colleagues.
2) Communicates in a professional respectful manner with all parties while performing work or coordinating tasks.
3) Works to ensure adherence to license terms for electronic resources; adheres to records maintenance, confidentiality, and related University practices and policies.
4) Provides regular and timely access to usage statistics for library colleagues; informs the reporting cycles for Porter Henderson Library and West Texas Collection as appropriate.
5) Collaborates with library constituents to inform electronic resource decisions.
6) Attends training, seminars, and meetings as needed.
7) Performs other duties as assigned.
• Knowledge of clerical and general office procedures and practices; knowledge of spelling, grammar, and punctuation; knowledge of computers, word processing and spreadsheet applications and software.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively; ability to perform mathematical calculations; ability to type 40-50 WPM; ability to organize and complete tasks in an accurate and timely manner; ability to learn new job-related tasks; ability to manage heavy workload with attention to detail; ability to work well in a team setting.
• Skilled in oral and written communications, and interpersonal relations.
• Requires prolonged periods of sitting, occasional walking, and intermittent bending and standing; medium level manual dexterity; occasional lifting up to 30 pounds.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent educational certification.
• Demonstrated experience with related technology.
• Relevant background in statistical analysis.
• Academic library experience.
Position requires visual acuity; prolonged periods of sitting and standing; periodic walking, bending, pushing/pulling, kneeling, and reaching; medium level of manual dexterity required; occasional lifting up to 30 lbs.
Works in a pleasant, adequately-lighted, temperature-controlled environment.
Angelo State University is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting and ensuring equal employment opportunity for all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Angelo State University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to ensure equal access to employment opportunities for qualified individuals with disabilities. We are committed to ensuring that a qualified individual with a disability has the same rights and privileges in employment as non-disabled employees. If an accommodation is requested for the job application process, please contact our office at (325) 942-2168 or email us at [email protected].Posting Number:
06/02/2021Open Until Filled: