Educational Program Assistant 1
Search #: 495327
Work type: Part-time
Location: Storrs Campus
Categories: Academic Programs and Services
The College of The College of Liberal Arts & Sciences seeks applicants for a 50% time permanent position (with an annual opportunity to increase to 85% time, pending available funds) as an Educational Program Assistant 1 for the Center for Judaic Studies and Contemporary Jewish Life. Under the supervision of the Center Director, the incumbent will provide programmatic and administrative support to the Unit to ensure the forward progress of the students and general educational experiences.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans and executes aspects of program events, outreach activities, and promotional materials.
- Coordinates program logistics and administrative support for program staff.
- Serves as a resource for students, faculty, and outside groups on matters relating to program activities.
- Helps advertise Center programs within and beyond the university community.
- Promotes and advertises Hebrew and Judaic Studies and related courses
- Prepares, organizes, and documents program meetings.
- Maintains accurate records and may assemble data and prepare statistical and/or historical reports.
- Provides direct training and related support services, and follows up to resolve problems in assigned area of responsibility.
- Assists in the preparation of budgets and monitors expenditures.
- Provides general office support, including answering phones, responding to inquiries, and directing calls.
- Performs related work as required.
- Experience working in a higher education setting
- Experience in academic study of Jewish history and culture
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to engage, connect, and work with diverse student, administrative, and faculty populations and provide a commitment to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion in an educational setting
- Excellent computer skills including experience with Microsoft programs
- Experience working with social media/marketing platforms such as Mailchimp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Zoom
- Experience working with Jewish communal institutions and/or with statewide cultural institutions
This is a 50% time permanent position (with an annual opportunity to increase to 85% time, pending available funds). The University offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits including employee and dependent tuition waivers at UConn, and a highly desirable work environment. Salary will be commensurate with the successful candidate's background and experience.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #495327 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references. Address correspondence to Avinoam Patt. Screening will begin immediately and the search will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on June 15, 2021.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Advertised: Jun 01 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Jun 15 2021 Eastern Daylight Time