Senior Professional Research Assistant - Scientist 1 – Cell Therapy
UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO - Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora
CU Title: Senior Professional Research Assistant
GBF Working Title: Scientist or Sr Scientist – Immuno-Oncology
Charles C. Gates Biomanufacturing Facility
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.Nature of WorkThe selected candidate will be responsible for transferring the laboratory-scale tumor infiltrating lymphocyte (TIL) and T cell receptor (TCR)-engineered immune process into the Gates Biomanufacturing Facility for final development and cGMP manufacturing. This includes all aseptic processes, analytical tests, and preparation of procedural documents leading to the manufacture of cell therapies, with an emphasis on production of TILs. Other duties will be assigned as time allows. Professional FieldThis position requires experience related to isolation and functional characterization of immune cell populations that drive tumor immunity to develop cell therapies for solid tumors.Supervision ReceivedThe primary appointment is at the Gates Biomanufacturing Facility and reports directly to the Senior Scientist - Cell Therapy. A secondary appointment is in the laboratory of Dr. Eduardo Davila.Supervision ExercisedThis position will not have direct reports.Examples of Work Performed:
- T cell reprograming to increase solid tumor immunological responses.Immune profiling of immunological cells residing within solid tumors.Developing assays to assess T cell functionDeveloping new cell therapy manufacturing processes with an emphasis on tumor infiltrating lymphocytes.Aseptic immune cell culture on a routine basis.Monitor and maintain processing and testing equipment, facilities, and supplies. This will include routine handling and lifting of laboratory supplies, and bench-top equipment and regular cleaning of facility, supplies, and equipment.Work in cGMP cell manufacturing suite.Maintain laboratory notebooks, logs, inventories, and computer databases following Good Documentation Practices.Manage tasks to meet project expectations related to timelines, budget, and quality. Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external clients.Work in a professional and collaborative manner with coworkers and prospective users.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent with a minimum of 3 years of experience in Cell Biology, Bioengineering, Immuno-Oncology, Solid Tumor Immunobiology, Cell Therapy, or related field.General laboratory molecular biology experience.
- PhD or equivalent with 2-4 years of experience in Cell Biology, Bioengineering, Immuno-Oncology, Solid Tumor Immunobiology, Cell Therapy, or related field.Direct experience with harvest and culture of tumor infiltrating lymphocytes, T cells, or immune cell subsets.Experience writing and executing batch records and other cGMP documentation.
- Experience with primary cell isolation and culture, experience with T cell culture preferred.
- Expertise in assay development, multicolor flow cytometry, T-cell phenotyping and T cell manufacturing General laboratory molecular biology experience, including DNA isolation, qPCR, cloning.Possess excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Jun 1, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing