DescriptionSchool of Medicine/Department of Medicine/Division of HematologyHuman Resources ProfessionalPosition # 00783710 – Requisition #21586
University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The Division of Hematology has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Human Resources Professional position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
Jobs in this career family provide the management of human capital. Functions include providing advice and guidance to managers and employees, and performing functions including strategic planning and analysis, compliance with policies and laws, employment and compensation, job evaluation, performance and leave management, employee training/development, reward and recognition, employee relations, affirmative action, benefits, employee records/information, and payroll.Professionals at the intermediate level are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field. At the intermediate level, duties may be more limited in scope and are performed with guidance and direction from other professionals.Nature of Work:
The Human Resources Professional works under the direction of the Division's Human Resources Manager completing tasks related to the day-to-day operations of the human resource function within the Division of Hematology, supporting faculty, research, exempt professional, and staff positions. Examples of Work Performed:
- Responsible for Recruiting and Staffing efforts in CU Careers and Handshake.
- Provides recruitment support to hiring managers and search committees during the selection process and schedules interviews, as necessary.
- Ensures hiring managers and search committee members have required SkillSoft training and resources prior to reviewing applications and interviewing candidates.
- Assists applicants with the application process and maintains workflow in CU Careers, monitoring, and dispositioning applications, including sending correspondence to applicants as required.
- Initiates requests for background investigations and reference checks once finalists have been identified. Forwards results to the Hiring Manager, Division Administrator & HR Team.
- Prepares and submits search summaries to ensure the University's commitment to diversity and equality in employment is present throughout the hiring process.
- Responsible for pre-employment and onboarding activities for new employees, including I-9 completion, scheduling New Employee Orientation (NEO), obtaining badges, pagers, keys, parking set-up, and ordering white coats for faculty.
- Registers faculty and staff members for EPIC training. Submit tickets to UCHealth Service Desk to resolve EPIC access issues for faculty and staff.
- Drafts malpractice coverage confirmation letters as requested and routes to obtain a signature.
- Prepares paperwork for volunteers, trainees, and minors
- Manages leave reporting: collects, posts, and tracks leave usage for Faculty and Staff. Responsible for processing Family Medical Leave (FML) certifications as well as posting and tracking associated leave hours.Assists with coordination and tracking of APP emergency and night shift coverage.Maintains division personnel files, including making copies and filing documents. Will support creation and maintenance of electronic file system. Updates the University E-Directory with required employee informationUpdates HR tracking spreadsheets (Excel and Smartsheets)Manages the Division's HR e-mail inbox and shared calendarMonitors changes and updates the job list for the Division’s Administrative Team.
- Assists with special projects and other duties as assigned.
This description is a summary only and describes the general level of work being performed; it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.Salary and Benefits:
The salary range (or hiring range
) for this position has been established at $46,216 - $55,000The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range
) represents the University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans, and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty, and administrative staff. The University strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication, and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
:A bachelor's degree in human resources, business, higher education administration, social sciences, behavioral sciences, organizational development or a directly related field from an accredited institution and 1 year of relevant professional level experience, preferably at the University of Colorado or in a higher education or healthcare setting.Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.Preferred Qualifications:
Professional experience in a higher education or healthcare environment.Experience working with PeopleSoft Human Capital Management (HCM).Experience working with the University's recruiting platforms (CU Careers/Taleo and Handshake)HR Experience within the University of Colorado Required: Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.
Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally, including public speaking. Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.Ability to exercise sound judgement and initiative when carrying out responsibilities.Conditions of Employment:
- Knowledge of the professional standards, concepts, and best practices related to Human resources and the recruitment and selection process.Demonstrated commitment and ability to advance diversity and inclusion.Ability to maintain confidentiality and professional judgement in all matters.Proficient with Microsoft Office and the ability to learn new systems and technology.
Must be willing and able to work on campus and remotely during core business hours with flexibility to accommodate the needs of the division.PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.Job Category:
Human ResourcesPrimary Location:
Jun 2, 2021Unposting Date:
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University