Senior Professional Research Assistant
University of Colorado – School of Medicine
PROGRAM MANAGER/SR PROFESSIONAL RESEARCH ASSISTANT (HOPPE)
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
JOB DESCRIPTION:DESCRIPTIONS OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:This position will work very independently in conjunction with the PI and research team to carry out and manage a portfolio of research projects focused on appropriate use of opioids/pain management and treatment of individuals suffering from Opioid Use Disorder. Much of the work focuses on automated Clinical Decision Support and the effective consolidation of multiple streams of information to support clinical decision making by providers. The main duties and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage a multi-study portfolio of grant and contract funded projects, including contributions to design and implementation of studies as well as management of regulatory and financial aspects of the projects.
- Actively contribute to the development and implementation of clinical education and best practice programs, including design and implementation of Clinical Decision Support (CDS) tools, educational materials, evaluation instruments and methods.
- Train medical staff on clinical best practice and effective use of CDS tools.
- Interface with multiple University groups and outside collaborators to ensure clear communication and coordinated work toward study goals.
- Write and submit protocols and supporting documentation for IRB regulated clinical studies. Ensure regulatory compliance is maintained at all times.
- Communicate with healthcare providers and stakeholders across the UCHealth and UC School of Medicine communities to coordinate progress on study goals.
- Contribute to and coordinate multiple grant submissions, including building budgets, timelines and project milestones.
- Lead project meetings in person or via video/teleconference.
- Write and submit periodic progress reports and close out reports to study sponsors
- Overall daily management of research team activities, finances, deadlines, tasks, and/or team members
- Position is grant funded.
- Master's Degree and 3+ years of experience OR Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field such as nursing, psychology, or public health and 5+ years experience
- CITI Research training
- Master’s degree in a relevant research-related discipline
- Experience with Clinical Decision Support tool design and development/EHR integration
- Supervisory experience, especially in a matrixed environment
- Experience with patients with OUD/SUD
- Expertise with medical/research terminology
- Experience managing budgets and project funding
- Excellent organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to exercise independent judgement to identify and solve problems, including recognition of needs for notification/assistance of management personnel
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including negotiation with a wide variety of people and organizations
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Jun 1, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing