University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics
Section of CHA/PA
Position #00772975– Requisition #21492* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The Department of Pediatrics, Section of CHA/PA has an opening for a full-time Instructor position. Nature of Work:
- Full Time Core-Faculty member to teach Physician Assistant courses and assist with administrative functions of the program.
- Serve as course director for courses within the Program. Role includes teaching and administrative responsibilities and developing syllabi, objectives, teaching strategies and assessments.
- Serve as small group facilitator in core courses.
- Serve as guest lecturer in Program and Institutional courses as invited.
- Assist with development and administration of assessment cases for 1st-3rd year students at the CAPE Center.
- Participate in collection of ongoing program self-evaluation and improvement data for grant writing, accreditation reports and other documents required of the program.
- Attend all faculty meetings and serve on CHA/PA program committees.
- Participate in admissions process (both file reviews and faculty interviews).
- Meet regularly with supervisors and supervisees.
- Maintain professional skills and refine expertise through appropriate educational/development activities and professional affiliations staying current with national and international advances in medical education.
- Service to the department (e.g search committees), institution (e.g. SOM committees) and profession (e.g. PAEA committees)
- Serve as student advisor for a small cohort of students.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two years academic experience required, which may be fulfilled by precepting.
- Three years clinical experience required.
- Master’s degree in Physician Assistant Studies or equivalent.
- Graduate of an accredited PA program.
- Current NCCPA certification.
- Must be willing and able to pass a national criminal background and sex offender check
- Primary care experience.
- Teaching experience in a PA program.
- Development of curricular content.
- Professional, academic, and administrative/management achievement.
- Knowledge of subject matter and curricular design.
- Knowledge of learning theory and experience applying the knowledge of instructional design.
- Ability to meet deadlines, handle multiple priorities, and work in a highly collaborative environment.
- High level critical/conceptual thinking to participate in design, development, review, and evaluation of course materials
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Jun 1, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing