POSITION TITLE: Faculty Full-time (Physics Professor)
- Preferred PhD
- Professor must have a PhD with research experience
- Assistant Professor must have a PhD
- Associate Professor must have a PhD
- Instructor must have a Master’s
- Implements instructional activities that contribute to a climate where students are actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences.
- Identifies, selects, and modifies instructional resources to meet the needs of the students with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and special needs.
- Maintains effective and efficient record keeping procedures.
- Collaborates with peers to enhance the instructional environment.
- Meets professional obligations through efficient work habits such as: meeting deadlines, holding classes the full period, calculating grades correctly prior to turning them in to the Registrar's Office, attending occasional on-campus functions after 5:00 p.m. and on weekends as requested.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of records and information.
- Develops departmental programs for majors, minors, professional areas and teaching certificates.
- Prepares program brochures and related exhibits for departmental public relations.
- Writes course outlines, submit course outlines to the Division Chair and teach course content. Meets scheduled classes promptly and engender appropriate classroom decorum and positive classroom discipline.
- Provides coverage of classes during absence of colleagues.
- Exhibits subject matter competence and pedagogical skill; prepare for classroom experiences that build upon the backgrounds of the students.
- Maintains records and prepare and transmit regularly scheduled reports and non-recurring reports promptly to the appropriate recipient.
- Keeps required office hours and be available on campus to confer with and advise students.
- Duties include ordering books, advising students with major or minor areas in the department and updating degree plans as requested.
- Maintains personal development through writing (proposals, etc) experiences, further studies, research, professional meetings and conferences of learned societies.
- Implements departmental programs.
- Belongs to professional organizations and actively participate in the work and meeting of these organizations.
- Shares research and professional accomplishments with the total College and the larger academic and professional community.
- Facilitates security, repair, maintenance and appropriate use of all equipment and laboratories.
- Participates in area, departmental, divisional and all College faculty meetings.
- Assists the College in its recruitment and retention efforts.
- Becomes acquainted with the history of the College, its goals and objectives.
- Serves as a role model both in and out of the classroom.
- Performs other professional duties as assigned.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Sound work ethics
- Proven Skills
- Listening skills
- Team player
SUPERVISION AND EVALUATION
- Performance of this job will be evaluated annually by the immediate supervisor in accordance with provisions of the Jarvis Christian College Administrative Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Success in the workplace depends on a strong commitment to the tasks assigned, respect for others and confidentiality in handling, and dealing with prospects, and sensitive constituent information
- Honesty, integrity, and treating others with respect are expected at all times.
- Good presentation skills which include, but not limited to, professional dress/business attire, excellent personal grooming, and excellent verbal, as well as, written skills.
Apply for Physics Professor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly