Job Title: Program Manager
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 48943
FAMU-FSU College of Engineering - Department of Student Services and Undergraduate AffairsThis position is responsible for managing student life and outreach activities at the FAMU-FSU College of Engineering. The selected individual will guide and advise student organizations, manage budget for student organization activities supported by the college, manage a leadership board of engineering students who serve as ambassadors for the college, establish student-faculty connections for undergraduate research opportunities, assist with scholarships and awards selection, and participate in college outreach programs that serve middle and high school students including populations who are traditionally underrepresented in higher education. The selected individual will create and implement programs and policies that support the personal, academic, and professional development of engineering students.The position will report to the Associate Dean for Student Services and Undergraduate Affairs and will be the primary person responsible for student life and engagement at the college.Equal Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be accessed at: https://hr.fsu.edu/sites/g/files/upcbnu2186/files/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf.
- Develop and manage programs to support student life and engagement. Monitor and assess student engagement, satisfaction, and success.
- Develop and manage a student engineering leadership board in which the student members work directly with students, faculty, and related entities to enhance the integration of students into the universities and College of Engineering (COE). The board will create a balanced experience for the two university student bodies, represent the college as ambassadors, and help implement programs that support student success, personal development, and engagement opportunities.
- Work with COE administration, students, and faculty to develop and implement a strategy and programs to enhance COE student retention.
- Coordinate with main campus departments to support student health and wellness. Manage awarding of undergraduate scholarships and awards.
- Manage budget and approve expenses for student organization travel, activities, and events that are supported by the college. Responsible for managing all aspects of travel for student groups by tracking travel requests and following up with departments who make arrangements for students to travel, or if need be, to make those arrangements. Includes managing TARs, accommodations, vehicles, etc. and any reimbursements or payments needed to close out the travel.
- Report regularly to Associate Dean for Student Services and Undergraduate Affairs.
- Monitor student organizations’ adherence to college and university policies related to finances, travel, registration, safety, and general conduct.
- Create and maintain a central database of information related to COE organizations, activities, outreach events, projects, and programs. Maintain database of student organization officers and contact information. Assist with allocation of storage space and combination locks.
- Supervise student employees and volunteers – including recruiting, hiring, and training – who are involved in student life and outreach activities. Coordinate and collaborate with appropriate college staff on marketing and communications matters that involve student life, activities, and outreach.
- Work directly with student organizations to provide guidance and direction related to their activities, events, and projects. Create and implement policies for the financial management and general conduct of COE student organizations and related activities, events, projects, and programs.
- Develop and manage programs, activities, and projects that expand and improve COE community involvement and visibility. Guide and mentor COE students who assist with outreach events and activities to provide them leadership and community involvement opportunities. Work with COE faculty, staff, and students to identify and implement techniques, programs and activities that will build a strong, on-going partnership with the Challenger Learning Center and that will support their outreach programs.Support COE recruitment efforts, as a backup. Conduct tours, attend recruiting events, and make presentations to visitors, as needed. Work with COE Recruitment Coordinator to provide relevant information about support, enrichment activities, and programs available to students of interest.
Bachelor's degree and four years' experience or a high school diploma or equivalent and eight years of experience (Note: or a combination of post high school education and experience equal to eight years.)
Knowledge of applicable computer applications and basic computer functions.
Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
Knowledge of data analysis techniques and methodology.
Knowledge of the principles and practices of event planning and ability to coordinate, organize and evaluate meetings and/or events.
Knowledge of the principles and practices of project planning, development, and evaluation.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Knowledge of the concepts, principles, and practices of accounting, budgeting, and cost control procedures.
Ability to develop and implement policies, procedures, goals, and objectives.
Knowledge of and the ability to interpret and apply related University policies, procedures, principles, and practices.
Knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply related federal, state, and local laws, ordinances, rules and regulations.
Ability to prioritize, organize and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously.Contact Info
Michelle Rambo-Roddenberry at [email protected]University Information
One of the nation's elite research universities, Florida State University preserves, expands, and disseminates knowledge in the sciences, technology, arts, humanities, and professions, while embracing a philosophy of learning strongly rooted in the traditions of the liberal arts and critical thinking. Founded in 1851, Florida State University is the oldest continuous site of higher education in Florida. FSU is a community steeped in tradition that fosters research, encourages creativity, and embraces diversity. At FSU, there’s the excitement of being part of a vibrant academic and professional community, surrounded by people whose ideas are shaping tomorrow’s news!
Learn more about our university and campuses.
This is an A&P (Administrative and Professional) position.FSU Total Rewards
FSU offers a robust Total Rewards package. Visit our website to learn more about our Compensation, Benefits, Wellness, Recognition, and Employee Development programs.
Use our interactive tool to calculate Total Compensation options based on potential salary, benefits and retirement contributions, earned leave, and other employment-related perks.
If not otherwise specified, schedule is M-F, 8-5.Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
Effective January 1, 2014, tobacco use, including simulated tobacco use, is prohibited on property, interior and exterior, owned or managed by Florida State University. This policy applies to all Florida State University students, employees, consultants, contractors, visitors, and external individuals.