Job Title: Accounting Specialist
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 48942
Controller's Office - Accounts Payable within Disbursements ServicesEqual Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be accessed at: https://hr.fsu.edu/sites/g/files/upcbnu2186/files/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf.
This highly responsible professional position assists management in day to day operations including, but not limited to, auditing and reporting activities. This position:
- Examines, investigates, and validates electronic invoices exceptions weekly.
- Analyzes and builds information based on several query results to take corrective actions for all University voucher transactions.
- Monitors electronic invoices exceptions and provides preventive recommendations to reduce recurring exceptions.
- Validates and coordinates voucher spreadsheet uploads for Disbursement Services, which includes creation of cXML spreadsheet files, verification of accurate information received, and appropriate approvals in place provided by the departments.
- Acts as a liaison to resolve issues between the vendor, departmental representatives, and Purchasing in order to endure prompt payment.
This position requires judgment and actions in accordance with Florida Statutes, University, and departmental policies as they relate to Accounts Payable.Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree and two years of experience or a high school diploma/equivalency and six years of experience. (Note: or a post high school education and expereince equal to six years)
- Ability to demonstrate effective customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to perform accurately in a detailed oriented environment.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously.
- Knowledge of applicable computer applications and basic computer functions to include Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), with intermediate level or above skills in Excel.
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking based upon in-depth data and substantiating information, considering and respecting others’ input, personal values, and ethics.
- Ability to identify trends, predict impact of actions on system operations, detect discrepancies in the function of an organization, and take necessary action to correct performance.
- Prior accounts payable and/or basic accounting experience.
- Attached resume.
One of the nation's elite research universities, Florida State University preserves, expands, and disseminates knowledge in the sciences, technology, arts, humanities, and professions, while embracing a philosophy of learning strongly rooted in the traditions of the liberal arts and critical thinking. Founded in 1851, Florida State University is the oldest continuous site of higher education in Florida. FSU is a community steeped in tradition that fosters research, encourages creativity, and embraces diversity. At FSU, there’s the excitement of being part of a vibrant academic and professional community, surrounded by people whose ideas are shaping tomorrow’s news!
Learn more about our university and campuses.
This is an A&P (Administrative and Professional) position.FSU Total Rewards
FSU offers a robust Total Rewards package. Visit our website to learn more about our Compensation, Benefits, Wellness, Recognition, and Employee Development programs.
Use our interactive tool to calculate Total Compensation options based on potential salary, benefits and retirement contributions, earned leave, and other employment-related perks.
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
Effective January 1, 2014, tobacco use, including simulated tobacco use, is prohibited on property, interior and exterior, owned or managed by Florida State University. This policy applies to all Florida State University students, employees, consultants, contractors, visitors, and external individuals.